>

<

A vSlider Image

>

<

A vSlider Image

>

Latest Announcements

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ioEF 1.38 test version + windows x64 build  (Read 6299 times)

GSIO01

• Captain (G)
    • View Profile
Re: ioEF 1.38 test version + windows x64 build
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 07:14:12 am »

Hey Thilo,

it's nice to see a new version of ioEF released and especially to have a new patch for ioquake 3. That'll make it a lot easier to get an updated version of rpgxEF done. I'm also happy to hear that the renderer modularization is finally there and I'm looking forward to the modern rendering techniques being implemented in future.

As to your question what I had to do to fix the mentioned errors. To fix them I had to increase MAX_GAMESTATE_CHARS and as a result of that of course MAX_CONFIGSTRINGS and MAX_MSGLEN as well. I increased MAX_MODELS and the entity limit later. I also and added shader remapping.

And just to clear things up for you other people the Lua implementation in RPG-X does not require rpgxEF at all as it is completely implemented in the gamecode. The only reason why it is only available for the rpgxEF right now is that I'm a bit too lazy to release  betas for both vEF/ioEF/ioCow and rpgxEF.

EDIT:
You're right about libmysql. I have already planned to remove mysql from rpgxEF in the next update though so that'll fix that.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 07:19:52 am by GSIO01 »

Thilo

• New TLO Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 07:28:31 am »

Quote from: "GSIO01"
it's nice to see a new version of ioEF released and especially to have a new patch for ioquake 3. That'll make it a lot easier to get an updated version of rpgxEF done. I'm also happy to hear that the renderer modularization is finally there and I'm looking forward to the modern rendering techniques being implemented in future.

Yes. I suggest you make a diff between your rpgxEF codebase and the ioEF codebase with my patches. This way you can always do this:
get ioq3 codebase
- apply my ioEF patch
- apply your rpgxEF patch

As to your question what I had to do to fix the mentioned errors. To fix them I had to increase MAX_GAMESTATE_CHARS and as a result of that of course MAX_CONFIGSTRINGS and MAX_MSGLEN as well. I increased MAX_MODELS and the entity limit later. I also and added shader remapping.

Yes, the shader remapping is probably useful for rpgx. I am unsure as to what bug is fixed by changing these defines:
MAX_GAMESTATE_CHARS, MAX_CONFIGSTRINGS and MAX_MSGLEN.
This looks like a compatibility breaker to me. Isn't there another way around this? For instance, split gamestate messages and put the rest into DeltaGamestate messages

EDIT:
You're right about libmysql. I have already planned to remove mysql from rpgxEF in the next update though so that'll fix that.

Alrighty.
Any word on how you fixed the hmconfig overwrite issue? This might be an issue for ioquake3 as well. By the way, it's been fixed that a single shader can break all other shaders. This was one of the big issues the old ioEF had, I believe.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 07:30:44 am by Thilo »

Martin Thompson

• Elder Statesperson
  • A new adventure always awaits
    • View Profile
    • withMartin.net
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 09:39:04 am »

Yeah, I also dont like the 20 or so .dll files you get with rpgxef, but thats GSIO01's decision. Besides rpgxef is really under "constant development". All releases should be considered as beta as far as I am aware anyway. Maybe the dlls are all seperate so that it is compatible on all systems (linux, windows, mac)? I don't really know lol.

Thanks for your feedback on my comments. As far as the fs_homepath goes, I never actually set it manually, I just use the default (like many other people who don't even know the cvar exists). Maybe its a thought of setting that to a different location in ioEF by default? I don't know what the default is, im assuming its the location in AppData. Anyway, a fix for the config file deletion/overwriting would be great.

I don't get you wrong. I even encourage the development of a separate engine. It really makes sense for you. But that doesn't mean improvements made by both developers shouldn't flow between the two versions.

Yeah, I agree. Maybe you should have a talk with GSIO01 then, he's around here somewhere...

EDIT: I posted this before I saw your 2 latest posts, stupid me XD Anyway seems you already met :P

By the way, it's been fixed that a single shader can break all other shaders. This was one of the big issues the old ioEF had, I believe.

Yup, this could happen. I don't know if this is already fixed in rpgxef, I know of a few people not being able to laod Station Vanderbilt (a rpgxef map) due to some texture/shader error. I dont know if this is related though.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 09:42:35 am by Martin Thompson »

GSIO01

• Captain (G)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 03:36:04 am »

I haven't fixed that config issue but was told in my bugtracker that the error message
buf_InsertText overflowed
get thrown out. When I read this my guess was it might be that the RPG-X configs have become to big with all the new we cvars added over the time. Haven't had enough time so I delayed research on that.

By the way have you fixed GF_RANDOM so it works correct? It never worked as in vEF ... if not you might be interested about my changes to it just let me know.

EDIT: Thilo you should check the rights for the patches ... 403 ... just noticed when I was trying to download them.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:54:24 am by GSIO01 »

Thilo

• New TLO Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 07:52:37 am »

try now, it's fixed
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Guest »

GSIO01

• Captain (G)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2011, 07:47:02 am »

Fine thanks.

Umm this might be my fault but I think I better mention it anyway:
Is it possible that your patch is missing the snd_codec_mp3.c source file? Because I did a fresh ioquake3 checkout and applied the patch and it isn't there.
I'm using the old one from 1.37 for now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Guest »
Pages: 1 [2]