News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Question

Started by Dendo Hellen, August 26, 2011, 07:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dendo

Are the Phaser Rifle Bolts Slower then Normal ?

Paenitet

#1
I noticed that aswell!

Martin Thompson

#2
Uhm? RPG-X? On the server?


Paenitet

#3
Yeah.

Brex

#4
The real question... why are you even firing phaser rifles? :P

Dendo

#5
I Tested it :P

Taisen-74656

#6
Not really a problem I'd think. Phaser bolt speeds shouldn't be an issue unless you're fragging on the server ;)

Paenitet

#7
We know. We was just wondering why. ;)

I think it's so it gives people more time to dodge the phaser blast if someone's shotting at them. (Not that they should. ;) )

Jenson

#8
To answer your question, the cvar is set that way to make it more difficult for people to frag on the server (especially during shooting scenes). If the phaser rifle fires slower, it helps prevent someone from accidentally fragging someone during a combat scene, and makes it easier for someone to be "hit" without being incapacitated.


Paenitet

#9
Ah! JUust as I thought! :) I think it it is good that way. However I did create my own server (I just felt like having Admin power for a bit. lol. The servers not there now.) and it was normal again. However I was Admin rank so that could be why.

Jenson

#10
Quote from: "pupbenny"Ah! JUust as I thought! :) I think it it is good that way. However I did create my own server (I just felt like having Admin power for a bit. lol. The servers not there now.) and it was normal again. However I was Admin rank so that could be why.

No, if you're on a new server with default cvars, it should fire normally. We (and some of the other RP groups) have modified the rifle fire cvar to make it slower, for the reasons I mention above :)


Paenitet

#11
Ok. :)