News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Perfect World confirms Star Trek Online F2P model

Started by Grizz, September 01, 2011, 12:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paenitet

#15
Mabe I should try that aswell. :P

Brex

#16
I was lurking, oh I was a'lurking!
http://startrekonline.com/node/2600

Paenitet

#17
WOO! I thought that this was a bad thing but I guess it is a good thing! :D

Anyway I'd probably want to subscribe still to have access to EVERYTHING and plus (if they do do it which I hope they do.) to get 400 cp every month or whatever it was. :)

Veritas

#18
A subscriber stipend is a great idea, and so is F2P! STO has been seriously lagging in player base and content; I think this will finally start pushing it towards real innovations. I use STO almost entirely for RP, so my need to access "extra" content is pretty limited.

Plus, I am very happy to be spared $15 a month.

I for one welcome our new F2P overlords.

Paenitet

#19
Me too I think.

Dendo

#20
Really Can't believe it , I Was Thinking in different ways to get it but this is Great  ;)

Paenitet

#21
Yeah. :)

Dendo

#22
I Should say : 'Lock Phasers And Engage'!

Xeiranis

#23
Something I've expected would happen for a long time, especially now with TOR coming soon the game can't afford not to adopt a hybrid model like this really. With the game being casual friendly as it is, it's a move I welcome personally as it means even if I had to cancel my sub I can still pop on for RP, and with the sub, assuming it's much the same as CO, store points!

Would say my only worry with this is that there will probably be a higher rate of trolling/griefing going on and I just hope it doesn't hinder RPers much in open/social areas like DS9, ESD and SFA.

Paenitet

#24
Heheh. I hope we get Stipends and I'll probably still sub.

Brex

#25
It has already been confirmed that we will

Paenitet

#26
:D How much do you think?

Brex

#27
400 CP per month. However it might be worth noting the prices in the C-Store will probably go up (along with a slight decrease in cost of points) however maybe not. We'll have to see.

Paenitet

#28
Hmm. This is all very interesting. :)