News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Changes to RPG-X profile not saving

Started by Jmusial, October 12, 2011, 02:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nopinky

Whenever I try to change anything in my rpg-x profile (keybinds, model, name, etc.) whenever close out and re-open it, the changes are gone! It goes back to Name: CE Joey, Rank: Lieutenant, Model: Gold/main/munro. Can someone please help me with this it's getting really annoying! Thanks.

Veritas

#1
I'm assuming you're using RPGXCE - have you tried running it as admin once to make sure it has control over the RPG-X settings files?

nopinky

#2
Umm sorry but how do i run it as an admin?

Paenitet

#3
Make a new server and go into Admin rank and, you don't have to I think but I do this often for fun, play about as an admin for a while.

Jenson

#4
Quote from: "pupbenny"Make a new server and go into Admin rank and, you don't have to I think but I do this often for fun, play about as an admin for a while.

No, Pie is talking about running the program as an administrator, not being an admin on the server.

To run a program in admin, right click on your RPG-X icon and click on "run as administrator" and then accept the prompt that appears, and there you go.


Paenitet

#5
Oh. Well you can still do what I said. ;) It's quite alot of fun. :P

nopinky

#6
Quote from: "pupbenny"Oh. Well you can still do what I said. ;) It's quite alot of fun. :P
I tried it. MOST FUN I'VE HAD ON RPG-X EVER

Chase Johnson

#7
Also, just an add on, you may need to copy the config file from Administrator's RPG-X to yours.

nopinky

#8
Ok, found the problem. I was opening up STVEFHM and loading RPGX as a mod and not using the desktop shortcut.

Telex Ferra

#9
That would do it