News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

F2P Early Access

Started by Brex, January 04, 2012, 02:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brex

[align=center:38w2tx0v]Early Access for F2P[/align:38w2tx0v]

We are pleased to announce that the doors are opening a little early for Star Trek Online free-to-play for a limited set of people.

Starting tomorrow (Thursday, January 5th), anyone with a lapsed subscription to Star Trek Online will be able to log into the game and play as a Silver member. This means that any account that has in the past subscribed to the game, even if only for the initial month, can come back and play for free!

For those of you not familiar with the difference between Gold (subscriber) and Silver (non-subscriber) membership, you can refer to the features matrix. The most important fact is that previous subscribers can jump right in and play their existing characters with no extra steps and no loss of anything they previously gained for their characters.

Early access is our way of thanking the many loyal customers who sat in the Captain's chair during the past two years. Free-to-play opens for the general public in less than two weeks, on 17-01 (January 17th).

Welcome back!

Stephen D'Angelo
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online

Eris

#1
So it begins ...

Jenson

#2
It was great to get back in-game. I'm really impressed with the changes, especially the new skill tree and duty officers. I'm sure I'll stumble across a lot of new features as I continue to explore a bit more xD


SFC3

#3
The countdown to STOmageddon begins...

Eris

#4
Unfortunately the duff system is still very buggy. Hero-etic is working on sum of those bugs though. :)

Veritas

#5
Quote from: "CmdrSFC3"The countdown to STOmageddon begins...

You know, people have been shouting about STO's forthcoming demise since before it even came out :P

I personally think this is really the only way it can be saved; we'll have to see how well it works, though I did log in yesterday and had a lovely conversation with Jenson about some fountains.

Eris

#6
I am in contact with quite a few developers on a regular basis, I know good sources for future news. The duff system is currently the most cared issue by the devs, as they wish to get it to a close to bugfree state before January 17th. There is also an expansion planned for th duff system and what that means, I wasn't allowed to be told as of now, lolies. :)

~ Meow Eris