News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

S02E02 - "Life Extinct" - 15/07/12

Started by Grizz, July 10, 2012, 05:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizz

Production Code: 2x02
Episode Title: "Life Extinct"
Writer: Grizz
Air Date: 15th July 2012
Stardate: 61000.15

Episode Summary: Rogan and Thrace put their attempt at a solution in to action as the station is superheated, but as widespread paranoid delusions and splintering personalities take hold of the remaining crew, each individual reacts to the deadly situation very differently. As New Year's Day spirals out of control, the Accobar science team threaten to flee the surface before the USS Athena can arrive to contain them.

The virus threatens to spread beyond Asteroid Base: Alpha, and before the day is out, Walter Peirce will deliver a warning which both Amber Munro and James Wright have feared since the moment Operation: Trojan was first conceived, and the reappearance of a mysterious woman will start to unlock the secrets of the station's true origins. One day will define the rest of the year.

Notes: This is the second of a two-part story. I am once again going to be relying on your improvisation skills when it comes to your own characters. Don't be afraid to act differently and go against the grain. Just keep it within reason.

[align=center:38kxosgk]You Will Need:
Asteroid Base[/align:38kxosgk]

Grizz

#1
Life Extinct - Eleven Teasers

1 ) Astrid Kelma could yet prove to outlive the rest of the crew.

2 ) The USS Athena receives the bio hazard transmission. Whether they hold their course is another matter.

3 ) The remaining crew members begin to experience strange symptoms. There's something out of character about each of them...

4) Rogan is turning up the heat. Hot stuff!

5 ) As Amber begins to lose control, she shares a moment with a member of her crew.

6 ) How do you solve a problem like Lexi Etis? That's some fancy jewellery she has there.

7 ) "If the mighty Daedalus could not take us down, I'll be damned if something I can't even see will succeed in doing so. I will not let this thing destroy my crew!"

8 ) Something is learnt about the station's origins which could change everything.

9 ) Before the end, Colonel Peirce returns to deliver his warning in it's entirety. But will it come too late?

10 ) The Greeks have entered Troy.

11 ) The answers left hanging since the cliffhanger ending of "The Cult of Romulus" have arrived.

Andzzy

#2
Quote from: "Grizz"4) Rogan is turning up the heat. Hot stuff!

Ahhhh count on me to be torturing the station's crew in their greatest time of need :P


December. Cheer for everyone!

SFC3

#3
I will continue to go homicidal and crazy due to the effects of the virus.

Klaw

#4
Colonel Peirce may just make an appearance after all - I'm looking foward to getting back into AB

Grizz

#5
Due to Martin Thompson's LOA, I'm retconning Lexi Etis' brief appearance at the start of episode 1. To your knowledge, she hasn't been on the station since the end of last season. All will be cleared up as promised.

Andzzy

#6
Quote from: "Klaw"Colonel Peirce may just make an appearance after all - I'm looking foward to getting back into AB

I look forward to him coming back! :D


December. Cheer for everyone!

The Investigator

#7
Quote from: "Andzzy"
Quote from: "Klaw"Colonel Peirce may just make an appearance after all - I'm looking foward to getting back into AB

I look forward to him coming back! :D

Me too! I wonder how Peirce will "re-appear" and under what circumstances he'll "rejoin" the crew.

Andzzy

#8
Well Peirce can be sneaky in that sometimes he has unusual or peculiar ways of dealing with things ;). He may not even rejoin the crew. He may remain a voice of reason and caution. Or he could come back and take over completely. Who knows what can happen when you throw the name Peirce into the equation! ^_^


December. Cheer for everyone!

Grizz

#9
Reminder: This is Today