News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

'Truth or Consequence - Part 1' Discussion Thread

Started by Griffiths, March 02, 2013, 05:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you rate 'Truth or Consequence - Part 1' by Griffiths?

Excellent - Griff, a good show!
6 (75%)
Good - I'm happy I showed up.
2 (25%)
Average - Meh.
0 (0%)
Poor - Really, quit writing.
0 (0%)
Awful - No seriously, stawhp writing episodes.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Griffwald

In today's episode, we learned a Romulan agent has apparently infiltrated Pioneer Station's crew as Commander Mark Chaplain. After he was able to learn a slew of information from Doctor Rogan, regarding a mutagenic virus, and the Federation's response to such an outbreak. Doctor Swan has finally gone too far, and by the order of Doctor Hampton, now sits in the brig of Pioneer Station awaiting transport of the station, as she's been reassigned.

Further, we saw Doctor Hampton work out details to the upcoming Peace Summit, to be hosted by Pioneer Station - Just what is to come when we open that can of worms?




What's to come of Chaplain's fate? What is this interest in a virus by a Romulan? Continue roleplaying in Star Trek: Asteroid Field to find out!

Thank you everyone for participating.

Rate and discuss, above and below.

This episode featured 'Sinnerman' by Nina Simone

Andzzy

I shall start with a grand first review of a Griffisode!

As in every episode of Asteroid Field, this episode continued to encourage character dev as much as it did further a plotline. By now, I don't even have to tell you about the character development because I'd only be repeating sentiments I have pushed out time and time again. It appears that Griffiths has adopted this policy well when creating eisodes of his own. It's actually so good there's not much else to say on that matter, except that it appears to have been mastered. Well done Grizz and Griffiths!

The plotline itself. I know that Griff was nervous putting on his first real show and that he was double nervous because of the nature of this episode. What nature, you say? The viral plotline? No no I mean something entirely different. But here I WILL talk about that mutagenic plot. Planned to the letter, the main plot went forth as, well, planned. Of course, the harder you plan, the more likely it is that something will create a massive brick wall for you to run into. In this case, in my opinion, it was the scene where Doctor Swan was taken to Sickbay in critical condition. Unknown was that this happened at perhaps the most crucial part of the main plot, which Griffiths handled very well. Could he have used his authority as second-in-command to overrule and simply continue the plot? Definitely. Should he have? Well, I'll leave that to debate since I'm divided myself.

So, about that plotline... oh right! The whole ordeal between Rogan and Chaplain raises many questions indeed. The plot was very well thought out and I was honoured to be a part of it; the focal point even! Like I said, this raises many questions. The first, of course, is what will happen to Doctor Tim Rogan now? Suffering from his wounds, will he live or die? And will he ever be the same again? Likewise, How did a Romulan agent get aboard the station? If we ask about the mutagenic virus, there could be some large-scale implications here...

The virus. If we take into account that a Romulan now has access to knowledge of Starfleet responses to outbreaks, what will that mean? If a virus breaks out on Earth, and it evolves, this could mean catastrophe for most of the major powers in the galaxy! But there's a deeper risk here. One that may or may not be obvious... there's a storm coming. It was mentioned in this episode that a grand peace conference is upcoming. Who usually appears as conferences? Leaders. Or their ambassadors or right-hand people. Romulans are well-known for tampering with negotiations and conferences to serve their purposes. What would happen if say a virus broke out there, while Earth was distracted trying to beef up security? Oh questions, we love thee...

My verdict? I voted excellent because while elements of the plot did screech to a halt at the odd time, things were planned and executed very nicely. Bravo and Encore Griff!

Oh and on that note... not bad for the first part of a 2-parter ;). I wish you the best of luck with the second part and I am looking forward very much to being there! :D


December. Cheer for everyone!

Griffwald

Much obliged for your comments, Andy. :)

It's nice to see a participant think about the plot and the meaning of it. :P