News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Main Menu

Station Vanderbilt [RESOLVED]

Started by Chris Wilkinson, May 30, 2013, 10:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Wilkinson

I was wondering if anyone knew what file it was in pak3.pk3 that causes the jpeg error on the vanderbilt map. I finally got it to work but I was missing a number of textures from the map.

Are there any maps that it is dependent on for textures as I dont know if it was just the pak3 I was missing them from. I have Modas and Ariana as I guessed they were dependencies.


John Adams

Are you using RPG-X (vanilla) or RPGXEF?


Telex Ferra

This map has been a source of many bugs. Are you saying that a texture in pak3 is causing a jpeg error?





Chris Wilkinson

I would assume so. I did a google search before hand and I did come across a post on the ubergames forum which suggested as much, so I removed pak3.pk3 from BaseEF and the map worked, but then I was just missing textures.


Telex Ferra

I would suggest performing a search through the file.

Backup and remove half the textures from pak3 and see if it works. Depending on the result, you know which half has the faulty texture. Then split that in half etc. etc. etc. and you'll find it rather quickly.





Chris Wilkinson

I shoulda thought of that ^^ Cheers for the reminder Telex.


Grizz

#7
You will need Atlantis - pak3_r2

The launch bug itself was resolved by the rpgxEF patch for RPGXCE - as Veritas investigated with the mappers & tech team @ Ubergames, as I recall.

Chris Wilkinson

Quote from: Grizz on May 31, 2013, 04:43:21 AM
You will need Atlantis - pak3_r2

The launch bug itself was resolved by the rpgxEF patch for RPGXCE - as Veritas investigated with the mappers & tech team @ Ubergames, as I recall.

I have Atlantis as I got it from the iwantstudios website. I have no idea why it decided to play up with me then, I used the RPGXEF that was avaliable in the thread on TLO and the RPGXCE with the 1.2 patch as well.

Do you know where thepatch may be for RPGXEF Grizz?



Chris Wilkinson

I don't know if this is pertinent. But I just used 7zip to unpack the pak3.pk3 file. It came up with two errors.

Unsupported compression method for env
unsupported compression method for env/bsky_bk.jpg

I removed the file and when I zipped pak3.pk3 back up and put it in, the map worked fine.

However I am still missing some textures eg. Transporter room back panels (control area), Consoles on the bridge and various room textures.


Chris Wilkinson

Found out what map had the missing files. =) Thanks for all your help guys.


Telex Ferra






Chris Wilkinson