News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Main Menu

RPGX Problem [CLOSED]

Started by nat19101988, June 17, 2013, 09:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nat19101988

hi every 1 trying to play the enhanced rpg but i get a message saying the side by side config is incorrect plz help am stuck

Veritas

Where and when do you get this message? What OS are you on?

nat19101988

I am on vista I get a message as soon is I click on the icon  I've tried reinstalling and the same just happens 

Veritas

Can you contact me on Skype, Windows Live or Steam? That would be easiest. I'd need to screenshare with you and look into this that way.

nat19101988

no don't have them I hear its something to do with the c++ I need to get it from Microsoft

Veritas

If you're referring to the .net redistributable, you shouldn't need it. The best way to resolve this would be for you to contact me so I can help you.

nat19101988

i have got maps that have missing textures and also when i down load maps the are not showing up any were,
hope some on can help



Telex Ferra

What maps do you have missing textures on.

Re: the maps not showing up. Not all the maps will show up on the list that comes up after you hit create server, but that doesn't mean they're not installed You can see if they work by opening rpgxEF and typing /map <mapname>

You can find the map name by opening the map's pk3 file and finding the name of the .bsp inside the map folder.





nat19101988

i find that am downloading maps and there dependences putting them were the meant to go i  cant ever find them even when i press /map the the map name. and also get errors like bad shades when trying to get on rp severs cames up as

warning: Bad shader file scrips/voy-eng.shader has incorect syntax


SFC3

To fully understand your problem, do you have a condump?

(instructions here: http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,5446.0.html )

nat19101988



PIXELFORMAT: color(24-bits) Z(24-bit) stencil(8-bits)
MODE: 3, 640 x 480 fullscreen hz:N/A
GAMMA: hardware w/ 0 overbright bits
rendering primitives: multiple glArrayElement
texturemode: GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST
picmip: 1
texture bits: 0
multitexture: enabled
compiled vertex arrays: disabled
texenv add: disabled
compressed textures: disabled
^3framebufferSupported: 0
^3glslSupported: 1
^3WARNING: Framebuffer rendering path disabled
Motionblur image set; width: 1024  height: 512
Motionblur image set; width: 1024  height: 512
Initializing Shaders
^3WARNING: Bad shader file scripts/voy_eng.shader has incorrect syntax.
----- finished R_Init -----
Loading dll file ui.
Sys_LoadDll(C:\Program Files\The Last Outpost RPG-X Complete Edition\rpgxEF\RPG-X2\uix86.dll)...
Sys_LoadDll(C:\Program Files\The Last Outpost RPG-X Complete Edition\rpgxEF\RPG-X2\uix86.dll): succeeded ...
Sys_LoadDll(ui) found vmMain function at 4001AC10
48 arenas parsed
69 bots parsed
4 ranksets detected
5 class sets detected
Requesting servers from master efmaster.kickchat.com...
CL_ServersResponsePacket
8 servers parsed (total 8)
----- CL_Shutdown -----
Closing SDL audio device...
SDL audio device shut down.
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
----- CL_Shutdown -----
WARNING: Recursive shutdown
----- CL_Shutdown -----
WARNING: Recursive shutdown

Veritas

Can you post the whole thing? That's not the part showing your error.