News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

GTKRadiant

Started by James Kaney, June 26, 2013, 05:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Kaney

Does anyone know where i could get GTKRadiant so i can start building a map for RPGX, it would be much help

#Selfie

Veritas

(as a note, I already gave him the "abandon all hope ye who enter here" warning, so if someone could shoot him a link and a cautionary tale or two that'd be great)

GSIO01

#2
How about the official site? Well it has moved some time ago or so it seems ... didn't take track of GtkRadiant for some time now.

Martin Thompson

ITs a bit tricky to obtaint he right version of GTK. For Elite Force, you will want 1.5, HOWEVER, the 1.5 im encountering most of the time is the WRONG one, i dont know the exact build number but there are 2 versiosn 1.5 circulating out there. The 1.6.3 something version on the official website does not support Elite Force as far as i know. Anyway, heres a link to the correct one:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x5ycr75ohxl3n67/GtkRadiant-1.5.0.rar

I uploaded this to mediafire for my own backup once and i have no idea where i got it from. The 1.5 version from EliteForceFiles is wrong one, thats all i know (i think i got this off the original gtk site before it went offline). Good Luck!

(remember to copy the correct entity definitions file if you want to map for RPG-X!)


GSIO01

Right ... for GtkRadiant 1.6 there currently is no volunteer developer supporting it so there is not support for EF. I considering to do it if I manage to setup the compile environment for GtkRadiant.

GSIO01

Ok figured that out and got it working;


Also I added this:

Let's see if I can get manage to get that into GtkRadiant as well. Otherwise I might just do a fork of it ... no idea what name to use in that case though.

Veritas


GSIO01

I would call it UberRadiant ... but that name is already taken :D.

Telex Ferra






Martin Thompson

I couldnt get GTK 1.6 to work for EF since the game packs where missing and I had no idea how to hack the ones from 1.5 in XD.

If you get it to work it would be nice to have though. Especially for RPG-X EF.


GSIO01

#10
I had to modify the source code to reenable the STVEF support and convert the 1.5 game pack to an 1.6 gamepack. I created a pull request for my changes on the gtkradiant repository. Lets see how this turns out.
Meanwhile I could provide my own build if you want.


Martin Thompson

Ah right nice, i havn't dabbled in the source code since I have no knowledge of how the internals work.

It's great you got it to work and i would be happy to try it out. BTW, whats improved in 1.6 versus 1.5 anyways?


GSIO01

#12
I haven't seen many new things but that's just because of their current mission statement. One part of it is to prefere stability over extending features. I haven't had much time to work with 1.6 yet so I can't compare the stability of it to 1.4 and 1.5.

I'm in touch with TTimo right now. They would love to add the STVEF support back in and I'll be in charge of it.

In the meanwhile I'll upload my modified version. That'll take me about 15 minutes.

John Adams

Well, congrats. I definitely want the modified version.