News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

rpgxEF server difficulties - Asteroid Field/Vanderbilt [CLOSED]

Started by Veritas, July 13, 2013, 04:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~TF~

Do you guys have tested the last version in the meantime?
I need some feedback.

Griffwald

We just ran an episode with 10 people last Saturday and had no issues that I can recall. It works quite well. :)


~TF~

I released the new Version 3.3.1 of Station Vanderbilt today.
With the use of Lua I have fixed all bugs and problems, I think. I have done much testing with a lot of people.
It also brings back Deck 19 and the other things, that I had to delete in v3.2.1t.

This Version requires RPG-X 2.3 Beta 1 or Beta 2, because of the use of Lua. RPG-X 2.2 is no longer supported by the map.

Download at the Filebase of Star Trek: Phoenix.



In the next weeks I will work on the announced Federation-only version for you. I will inform you about the process and post information when the time has come.

Martin Thompson

QuoteThis Version requires RPG-X 2.3 Beta 1 or Beta 2, because of the use of Lua. RPG-X 2.2 is no longer supported by the map.

Thats too bad, we need to upgrade our server for that and 2.3 is still in testing stages for us. Dunno when we will get round to that * looks at Veritas *.


Serris

I can provide some clarification there, Martin. The only deal breaker for fully upgrading to 2.3 beta 2 was the random instability on Station Iowa. The rest of the testing went over fairly smoothly. From what I've gathered from the poll, the 2.2 beta 8.1 Paris server will be upgraded to 2.3 beta 2 once a new RPG-X Complete Edition client that supports 2.3 is released. The 2.2 beta 8.4.4 Helsinki X server will still be kept around for Genesis Station and guaranteed stability for other series.

Martin Thompson

Quote from: ~TF~ on November 01, 2013, 09:37:11 AM
I released the new Version 3.3.1 of Station Vanderbilt today.
With the use of Lua I have fixed all bugs and problems, I think. I have done much testing with a lot of people.
It also brings back Deck 19 and the other things, that I had to delete in v3.2.1t.

This Version requires RPG-X 2.3 Beta 1 or Beta 2, because of the use of Lua. RPG-X 2.2 is no longer supported by the map.

Download at the Filebase of Star Trek: Phoenix.



In the next weeks I will work on the announced Federation-only version for you. I will inform you about the process and post information when the time has come.

I've noticed a few minor bugs in the map. In the science lab, the hologram doesn't appear. And on the crew quarter deck the CSO quarters location reads ASO, and the CMO quarters read CMS.


~TF~

Quote from: Martin Thompson on November 02, 2013, 06:03:00 AM
I've noticed a few minor bugs in the map. In the science lab, the hologram doesn't appear. And on the crew quarter deck the CSO quarters location reads ASO, and the CMO quarters read CMS.

Thank you for your feedback. I will have a look at the hologramm.
The other things are not bugs, that are the positions at Star Trek Phoenix. (Applied Sciences Officer and Chief Medical Supervisor) In the federation only version I will also change all this things to the "standard Star Trek style".