News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Minecraft OpenGL error [RESOLVED]

Started by Lucas Picard, July 28, 2013, 11:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucas Picard

I just recently installed Windows 7 onto my PC and I downloaded the Minecraft the 1.5.2 and 1.6.2 tried them both but I keep getting the same results every time:


   Bad video card drivers!     
      -----------------------     

Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode.
This can usually be fixed by updating the video card drivers.



--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 7fe0271 --------
Generated 28/07/13 16:42

-- System Details --
Details:
   Minecraft Version: 1.5.2
   Operating System: Windows Vista (amd64) version 6.0
   Java Version: 1.7.0_25, Oracle Corporation
   Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
   Memory: 407063104 bytes (388 MB) / 514523136 bytes (490 MB) up to 954466304 bytes (910 MB)
   JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
   AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
   Suspicious classes: No suspicious classes found.
   IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
   LWJGL: 2.4.2
   OpenGL: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
   Is Modded: Probably not. Jar signature remains and client brand is untouched.
   Type: Client (map_client.txt)
   Texture Pack: Default
   Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
   Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null[failed to get system properties (java.lang.NullPointerException)]


org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:185)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:311)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:856)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:784)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:765)
   at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:235)
   at avv.a(SourceFile:56)
   at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:507)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT 8d44e08c ----------

What does it mean?

John Adams


Lucas Picard

I just installed the Windows Update already

SFC3

You need official drivers. Windows Update drivers do not cut it.

Lucas Picard


SFC3

You need to figure out what graphics card you have, go to their support page, and download the drivers there.

Also, it says you have Windows Vista but I thought you just got Windows 7?

Lucas Picard

I have I just changed the compatibility to Vista

Trevor of Borg

You shouldn't need to switch your compatibility if you are running windows 7.

Lucas Picard

im just working round it to make it work

Lucas Picard

And YES! I got it working I just updated the driver from windows update and restarted the PC and BOOM! it works

Thanks guys for trying to help me on this matter even though you guys didn't do much lol