News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

RPG-X 2.3 beta 1 server problems. [CLOSED]

Started by Serris, August 27, 2013, 04:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serris

Hello again! It's been a while. I finally got 2.3 beta 1 working locally, so I'm trying to get it running on my second EscapedTurkey server. To be sure there were no version conflicts, I wiped the server to start with a clean slate. The server.cfg is set to boot straight to RPG_Poseidon_B. It has no trouble finding the rpgxEFded.x86_64 executable, and the cgamex86_64.so, qagamex86_64.so, and uix86_64.so files are in the server's RPG-X2 folder. It just won't start at all. Here are some screenshots to illustrate my problems:




Everything looks like it's in the right place, so I'm totally at a loss for why it isn't working.

Telex Ferra






Serris

#2
None. It just refuses to start. QStat server status constantly reads 108.178.55.167: DOWN.

Veritas

Talk to EscspedTurkry support - when you change executables they usually have to approve it if I recall right.

Serris

I filed a ticket. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I understand there are lingering doubts about 2.3's stability, but just from local testing, the map compatibility has improved immensely. DH_RPG_USSAurora, RPG_Relativity, and Cassini_Beta3 don't crash anymore.

Veritas

What's more concerning to me is how it behaves as a continuously running dedicated server with lots of people connecting - that's what broke 8.4.6 for us; it crashed pretty much daily (sometimes multiple times a day).

Serris

When I get 2.3 running, maybe we can organize a stress test? This way, you guys won't have to spend the time to reconfigure your own server.