News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

S01E03: Cargo (TBC 26-10-'13)

Started by Martin Thompson, October 08, 2013, 02:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Thompson


Day 3: Cargo

Wednesday May 3rd, 2380
Yesterdays translated transmission keeps puzzling the researchers on board Genesis Station. While the science and engineering staff repair and reset the transceiver of the Omega 13 in order to perform the transmission experiment, operations has to deal with a delayed cargo shipment of the Poseidon. On top of that, the Chief Engineer had to take out a shuttle to repair one of the Lagrange point long-range communications satellites.

15:00 Hours

When the Poseidon arrived, the Captain gave an encrypted padd to the Commander with orders from Admiral Iwata... The Captain was just ready to leave as Mr. Kaney came into the office to inform the Commander there was one item missing in one of the containers. The station was put on high alert and and investigation began to how this could have happend, both the Commander and the Poseidon's Captain suspected a theft.

After Dr. P'Trell bumped into Mr. Kaney, the both discovered that there was no actual theft, but something... impossible going on. The container that Mr. Kaney reported contained no ordinary supplies, but a Quantum Particle used for the Omega 13 experiments. It was put in a containment field at the Daystrom institute and hadn't been touched since. How could this particle just disappear? In the meanwhile, the rest of the Engineering department are still patching up the damage from yesterdays experiment and Chief Li has almost arrived at the LAgrange point communications sattelite which is still out of commission...




- The message contents came unexpected, a scientific fluke or a warning from the future?
- A shuttle trip takes longer than expected.
- Something is missing from the cargo manifest...




Date & Time: Saturday 19th October 18:30 GMT / 13:30 EST. The episode will run for approximately 1.5 hours.

We will continue on: Saturday 26th October 18:30 GMT / 13:30 EST. The episode will run for approximately 1 hour.

Server: rpgxef.last-outpost.net (The RPG-X EF Server)
Requirements:
-Default files: http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,5981.0.html


Telex Ferra

As you already know Martin, I probably won't be at this one, and definitely won't be at next week's episode.





Martin Thompson

My apologies everyone, but something came up for me this evening which means I can't host Genesis Station today. We will be on next week on the 19th, so I hope to see you all there!


Martin Thompson

This is a reminder that this episode will run this week everyone!

Will we discover the nature of the defective comm beacons? We can rule out a dried up battery! All joking aside, there is something fishy about the circumstances. And who was that Admiral contacting Commander Delacourt two days ago? Things heat up further when the cargoship doesn't deliver promised goods, but why? And how? Talking about heating up...


Martin Thompson



criminula

I'm afraid I may not make this episode. I'm at a sailing event most of the day and I'm not sure if I'll be back in time.



Martin Thompson

Alright, anyone else who can't make this one exept for Crim and Telex?


Martin Thompson



Martin Thompson

Due to server issues, we will continue this with part 2 next week!


Martin Thompson

This episode will continue on:
Saturday 26th October 18:30 GMT / 13:30 EST. The episode will run for approximately 1 hour.

I hope to see you all there and for the server to behave!


criminula

Again, I must apologise but I shall not be there. My parents have booked tickets to the theatre, and claim to have told me weeks ago when they informed me earlier today.



Archibald

I have probably already told you but, due to my awful memory at times, I shall say that I will not be there!


TLO Gold account holder

Minutias

Sorry to drop this in so late, but I can't make it to tomorrow's SRP. :'( I will be there for next week's though, I promise!

Telex Ferra






Martin Thompson

We will continue this today! Since this is a continuation of last week due to server troubles we will run slightly shorter then usual. A summary will be done at the beginning for those of you who missed it last week!