News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

"I Saw Three Ships" Discussion Thread

Started by Grizz, December 14, 2013, 07:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you rate "I Saw Three Ships"

Excellent
Good
Average
Poor
Awful

Grizz

I'll admit it, this episode was a last minute addition - replacing a completely standalone story. My aim was to take Peirce out of the picture and resolve the Munro/Shaw/Red Dawn situation in one hit. By the end of the second season, I want the majority of open storylines to be closed. Two episodes remain, but I'm afraid there will be something of a wait.

Although it may not have been all that cohesive, it did lay the groundwork for what is ahead:

- The Etis Sisters' connection to the Illuminati is somehow related to their father.
- Red Dawn's intentions with Peirce are unknown, but they didn't sound welcoming.
- How will Etis fare, after aiding a potential escape for Peirce?
- A space-time rift established in the original Asteroid Base series has been rediscovered.
- The ion storm ("AB: Calm Before the Storm / Reflections") has been 'feeding' the rift, slowly splintering the Accobar System.
- Munro and Shaw are both in one piece. Their ordeal will have to be detailed later.
- Daniel Thrace has knowledge of the imminent Hobus supernova.
- Swan revealed that only one version of Thrace seems to exist in the multiverse. An impossibility, or just bad luck?
- The Hirogen Incursion from Classic Asteroid Base was referenced - and prepared to avoid in Asteroid Field.
- The Accobar System, at various points in it's history, in numerous realities, reacted to the presence of the rift.
- Amber Munro, Mark Chaplain, Renee Hampton, James Robertson & Lexi Etis were heard. The Athena, Relentless & Dauntless were referenced.
- David Rush and his shuttle briefly reappeared, in similar fashion to when Leona Mason stumbled upon him, years ago. Did anybody file a report?

- The original USS Relentless, manned by it's original crew in 2383, was left in the present-day Accobar System once the fractures were apparently sealed. Now what?

The main event kicks off next Saturday, with a series-defining moment on the horizon.

** The Story Continues Here **

Season Two Concludes December 28, 2013 & January 4, 2014, following the anniversary special on December 21, 2013.

Martin Thompson

Excellent episode, perhaps im biassed because i had a larger part in the story, but i did feel like we touch on a number of subjects just like you had planned there which where all worked out to reach some kind of closure, but not just yet. Also a great opportunity for Jemma to show that she is not always the orders obeying happy role model of a starfleet officer.

As for the red dawn situation and Munro / Shaw, that will have to remain a mystery for a tad longer.

The ending was really nice (with a subtle wink at Day of the Doctor) and really set the mood for the special. Even though I wasn't around for Original AB (wish I was though, I really did leave RPG-X at the worst of times haha), the history of a 6 year-running SRP is a large one and I'm curious to see how that will come together next week.



Archibald

I very much enjoyed this episode, it was exciting and intriguing at the same time, admittedly I didn't play such a major role in this episode as I have in the past, but I enjoyed the episode none the less.

*Happy 3000th Post*


TLO Gold account holder

Lucas Picard

I really enjoyed this Episode until I got knocked out by Peirce, and Jemma's reaction was "I hope you didn't hurt him too much?" what the hell Jemma! :P but she did make up by saying he is a good guy.

But yeah another excellent Episode Grizz a 5 star!! :)