News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

SRP Hiatus - Accobar Back on the Shelf

Started by Grizz, March 01, 2014, 12:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizz

For 105 episodes & 210 hours, members of the RPG-X community have been pestered, poked, bumped and harassed to give up a chunk of their weekend to select poll options and write forum posts. For now, however, that time has been relinquished and the Star Trek: Asteroid Field SRP is going on hold. The last month's worth of episodes have been some of the most enjoyable I have directed and participated in - so I thank you all for that once again.

I do not know when or if Pioneer Station or the Accobar System will return. The future of this slot is left at the discretion of the RPG-X staff.

What I do know from personal experience - is that it could have been left at a much worse point.




"When Amber Munro arrived in the Accobar System, she said that your work here will be thankless, but necessary. Surely enough, despite this system leading the charge in exposing the Illuminati, the Federation News Network took the credit. When Renee Hampton arrived on this station, she said that she didn't want Accobar to be a place associated only with scandal and conflict. When I arrived to take over as Commanding Officer, I believe that I said something along the lines of 'oh, bloody hell.' Then a star exploded, Romulus was destroyed and I lost a medical frigate. A shoddy first week by anybody's standards. There were concerns, I know, that my appointment was fixed... and that I was assigned here to act simply as a puppet for my own mother. I would be the first to agree with those concerns.

There is something that many aboard Starbase 215 would not want me to tell you, tonight. I have received orders to form a blockade against the approaching refugee fleet. There are people out there in need of supplies, shelter and relief. But I am expected to tell them to wait 'until further notice.'

Doctor Hampton had a vision for this place. One for which Captain Munro laid the groundwork and Commander Chaplain attempted to bring to life. I may not be Munro, Hampton or Chaplain. But it is my duty and privilege to continue the work that they started. As such, for as long as I am in the Director's office, Pioneer Station will serve as the shelter that those people need. Pioneer Station will serve as the sanctuary that those people need. Expanded facilities, extended guest quarters, round-the-clock medical coverage. Our Klingon allies are already in the process of converting two of their inoperative platforms at my request.

For as long as it necessary, this system will provide respite for all who require it."




Thank you & goodbye - for now

Talus Roben

Thank you for all the time and effort you have put into this SRP Grizz. I can't imagine it's been easy motivating yourself to continue week after week, month after month to keep coming up with fantastic plots and amazing arcs (and everything else you do on the forums in terms of videos, background and the like). I for one hope that this will return one day, but for now I will say thank you again for many happy hours spent in the Accobar system and I wish you all the best for the future!


SFC3

I will wait for AF to return, if it does. I will wait.

Thank you Grizz, for making one of the best Roleplaying arcs I have ever witnessed. This was what truly hooked me to RPG-X - Asteroid Base and Asteroid Field.

I will wait for the return.

The Investigator

Quote from: SFC3 on March 01, 2014, 01:13:04 PM
I will wait for AF to return, if it does. I will wait.

Thank you Grizz, for making one of the best Roleplaying arcs I have ever witnessed. This was what truly hooked me to RPG-X - Asteroid Base and Asteroid Field.

I will wait for the return.

I echo SFC3's comments on this.

In my case, AB revitalized my interest in RPG-X!

Mutatio Nomen

What? But, for me, it just got started! Only five episodes in..I'm loving every second of it, the best SRP on the block. Don't go.. :'(

What about tonight's episode?

Grizz

Quote from: Mutatio Nomen on March 01, 2014, 01:45:59 PM
What about tonight's episode?

You are right. It is only fair that I give you all a chance to put your characters in to a safe place for however long it may be. So all of those willing may head to the enhanced server at the usual time - for an open-ended roleplay. (Not Episode 5)

Grizz

#6
That, as they say - is that.

*hops in the TARDIS and de-materializes*


Martin Thompson

QuoteAh, yes. Thank you. It's good. Keep warm.