News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Trouble with RPGXEF installer

Started by Ekaj-To-Tha-Three, April 08, 2014, 11:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekaj-To-Tha-Three

When I run the installer on RPGXEF it gets about three quarters of the way through and then stops and pops up this message:



This has happened every time I try to install. I have re-downloaded the launcher, that didn't work. At one point I just hit Ignore and it finished but I couldn't find anything to launch it. Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

Veritas

#1
Try installing to a different directory - something must already be in the one you're installing to.

Edit: My mistake, looks like you're installing the 1.2.5 patch. In that case, it looks like what's happening is it's failing to overwrite the existing files. Are you authorizing the installer with admin when it prompts you to?

You can try installing to a different directory anyway, and manually copying files.

Ekaj-To-Tha-Three

I'm fairly certain I gave it admin when it asked but I'll try installing to a different directory. Do you know where to copy the files to?

Ekaj-To-Tha-Three

Hmm. I did some digging in the files for RPG-X and I found it did install RPGXef (I guess when I hit ignore) and it launched fine but when I tried to join the TLO server it would start to load and then crash to the menu. Is this clientside or is it just a bug with the server or something?

Veritas

It's hard to know just based on that description. I'd uninstall RPGXCE and the patches and completely reinstall from scratch, in a different directory.

Klaw

A couple things to make sure of that *could* lead to a menu crash..

1.) Make sure you have the map(s) installed that are being used (though, since it's on Poseidon B, you should be fine, as that map is included with RPG-X)
2.) Ensure Auto-downloading is turned off, it's a setting that is often defaulted to be on - and all it does is cause problems
3.) speak nice words to your computer, and try again - a compliment can go a long way :P

if you have more troubles, stop back in - I'm sure someone here will help you out

Telex Ferra

If you're crashing back to the main menu, consult this guide to help us solve your problem:
http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,5446.0.html



This will tell you how to find a specific error that will almost certainly help us solve your problem.





Ekaj-To-Tha-Three

Ah! I found out I had auto downloading turned on, once I switched it off I connected to the server without problems! Thank you guys!

Telex Ferra