News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

rpgxUE Desktop Icon Settings [RESOLVED]

Started by Richard Evans, May 11, 2014, 09:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Evans

Hi All,

Got a problem, with the desktop icon on rpgxUE, it just loads the Multiplayer screen and lags quite a bit. Then, I can load the RPG-X mod, but it lags so much it's unplayable.

I have also installed the new patch. Now, back in the day, you needed to add stuff like "+set_game "RPG-X" to make it work, but I cannot remember that string of stuff. Can anyone help?

I'm running windows 8 32-bit.

Thanks

Martin Thompson

Hey Richard,

If you right-click on your rpg-x ue icon, the target line should read something like this:

"D:\The Last Outpost RPG-X Ultimate Edition\rpgxEF.exe" +set fs_game RPG-X2 +set vm_ui 0 +set vm_game 0 +set vm_cgame 0

I installed it in "D:\The Last Outpost RPG-X Ultimate Edition", so for you this might read "C:\Program Files\The Last Outpost RPG-X Ultimate Edition" or something of the like.
The installer should automatically place this on your desktop though.

As for the lagging, thats probably the cause of the well-known AMD bug. Are you using an AMD / ATI graphics card? IF so, try the configuration tool to switch AMD opengl .dll files. Having a wrong opengl .dll file is known to cause issues on AMD / ATI Graphics cards.


Telex Ferra

Not saying this is what happened but if you told the installer not to place the shortcut on your desktop, then the game won't work properly.

I'm not really sure how well RPG-XUE works on Windows 8, but loading into holomatch is definitely not normal behavior.





Minutias

Just to add, I'm getting the same behavior on Windows 8.1. '

I spend most of my time in the Modern interface though, so I launch from the start menu entry for RPG-X UE and get this issue. I'll look into finding where the start menu entries for Windows 8.1 are saved, and adding this to see if it works.

Martin Thompson

Yeah the start menu entry dowsnt have the propper switches. It works flawlessly for me on win 8.1 as long as I use ythe desktop shortcut like usual and not the start menu entry.


Veritas

I'm certain this is something Serris can fix in a future patch. Also, in the future, the configurator will autoupdate your shortcuts when you change executable name, etc. - I'm still working on that .

Serris

I believe version 1.0 didn't have the target line modifications built into the installer, but the base clients for version 1.1.5 and onward will generate them.