News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Timeouts [CLOSED]

Started by RadioActivitii, June 28, 2014, 05:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioActivitii

I've been having issues with posting, most times I try posting (or sending PMs) it doesn't work - It also says no data received off of the server. I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue, and if you do and managed to fix it, how?

Veritas

Some individuals have had issues like this while they were on slow connections behind firewalls. What OS are you on, and are you using a firewall of any kind?

criminula

I had issues like this before. I was able to solve them by clearing out my temporary browser files (can't remember exactly how I did that though :) )



RadioActivitii

I'm using Windows 8.1 and Kaspersky, but my laptop (Windows 7) uses the same firewall and can do stuff on TLO fine.

Veritas

It still sounds like it's a PC-specific issue then. Can you try disabling your firewall and see if that fixes the problem?

John Adams

Interesting, I use Windows 8.1 and Kaspersky and Malawarebytes Pro, and I have the same problem. It might be Kaspersky specific

RadioActivitii

You clearly didn't read my above message. I have another laptop running Kaspersky, and it can run TLO fine. Considering others use Windows 8.1 here, I think it was just my internet.

SFC3

Malwarebytes wouldn't do anything at all.