News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Server issues [CLOSED]

Started by Scott Archer, July 20, 2014, 07:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Archer

So as you all know, I was complaining today at Jensons ceremony cos my RPG-X wasn't working. At no point did it even look like it was going to log on... (Disappointed not to be able to get on, sorry Jenson :( )
But later on, I tried it on EE's server which had about the same ping in the server list and it took it two minutes to get in.
TLO's has more people on but it always seems to be slower than other servers.
Any ideas?

Election Watch and IA Assistant
Email: scottarcher@earthelite.co.uk

Veritas

It may have had something to do with Atlantis - even though RPGXEF can still handle big maps, getting on them is not easy. There are things you can do - restarting your client, using a short name when you join, increasing com_hunkmegs - but none of them are for-sures.

Hopefully, the upcoming switch to DigitalOcean will help allay this, but it is hard to know.

Serris

Telex has noticed that it's much easier to log into a crowded server when you use a very short name. Try reducing your name to a single character and see if that helps.

Scott Archer

I think that there are two issues:
A) 4 years old netbook with windows 7 and only 1gb ram
B) for seem reason when the server list first loads the pings are all really high. If I press refresh a few times it goes down. This helps.

Election Watch and IA Assistant
Email: scottarcher@earthelite.co.uk

Telex Ferra

As I keep telling you, if you run Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8 with only 1GB of RAM then most of your computer's time will be spent waiting for pages to be swapped between your hard drive and memory.