News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Forums sometimes not posting properly

Started by Scott Archer, September 15, 2014, 09:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Archer

Hi, I'm still using the old forum theme if that matters but I think it was doing it on the new theme too and it was doing it before the new theme was released.
Sometimes (it's been happening a lot more recently) when posting a reply or even posting a new topic sometimes when I press post instead of posting it, it takes me to a post new topic screen. I then either have to  go back and refresh the page which doesn't always works, or close the tab and start again. It's happened in loads of different boards, ie. My RPG-X poll, phase 2 of this Star Trek Online event, the rank Poll, the rank discussion etc.
I mostly use safari for iOS in the forums buts it's happened in chrome for mac and PC as well.
This issue seems limited to the TLO forums.

Election Watch and IA Assistant
Email: scottarcher@earthelite.co.uk

Veritas

Hi Scott,

The next time this happens, can you please try all the steps in this guide and report back on whether any of them affect anything?

Thanks.

Scott Archer

#2
it's started on this post now, as I said I've used different devices and browsers... (this is the 6th time I've tried to post)
I've cleared my cache, tried different devices and browsers. tried it on my home wifi, 3g, friends wifi etc.

Election Watch and IA Assistant
Email: scottarcher@earthelite.co.uk

Veritas

If it's happening that broadly, it's difficult to troubleshoot - I will need to look at what's going on server-side and see what I can do. When you have some time, contact me on Skype; I'd like to take a Wireshark capture of your communications with TLO's servers.

Scott Archer

ok. How long would that take. I have a few minutes now?

Election Watch and IA Assistant
Email: scottarcher@earthelite.co.uk

Veritas

I'm not at home; it'd probably take 15-20 minutes, but let's do it later today or tomorrow.

Andzzy

I'd just like to point out that I had this issue on Saturday whereupon trying to post a thread for Scientific Mandate resulted in being redirected to a blank 'new topic' creation screen. The issue seems to have since resolved itself as I was able to post the thread just now.


December. Cheer for everyone!