News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Seeking technical feedback for the upcoming RPG-X client patches. [CLOSED]

Started by Serris, October 22, 2014, 09:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does configure.exe in your RPG-X install actually work?

Yes, it works in my Ultimate Edition install.
2 (25%)
Yes, it works in my Standard Edition install.
0 (0%)
No, it does not work in my Ultimate Edition install.
4 (50%)
No, it does not work in my Standard Edition install.
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Serris

I need some help diagnosing a problem with Veritas' RPG-X configuration tool. If you guys could give me somewhere to start by answering this poll, it would be much appreciated.

Lucas Picard


Serris

It's in the root folder of your install, where rpgxEF.exe and the BaseEF folder are.

Lucas Picard


Martin Thompson

It doesn't work for me on a x64 Windows 8.1 install. If you need more specifications I'd be happy to give them to you.

Out of curiosity, what kind of program is this? Java, .NET, Win32 C++, other?


RadioActivitii


Serris

Bumping to remind the yes voters that I really need to know what version of the client you're using.

Quote from: Martin Thompson on October 26, 2014, 09:47:18 AM
It doesn't work for me on a x64 Windows 8.1 install. If you need more specifications I'd be happy to give them to you.

Out of curiosity, what kind of program is this? Java, .NET, Win32 C++, other?

It's coded in Java. Veritas is responsible for programming it, so he'd know more about the specifics than I would.

Veritas

It's Java, but there's a version of the JRE included with RPGXSE/CE, so that shouldn't prevent it from running. Most likely it's the result of the installer setting registry or cfg paths incorrectly.

Lucas Picard

What about for someone like me who don't have the configure.exe file on where it should be?

Veritas

Likely, you've incorrectly installed RPGXSE/UE, or you aren't using the version of it that you think you're using. Or, you moved it yourself, or are looking in the wrong place. There's no other reason I can think of for it not to exist.

Lucas Picard

Quote from: Veritas on October 28, 2014, 02:06:33 PM
Likely, you've incorrectly installed RPGXSE/UE, or you aren't using the version of it that you think you're using. Or, you moved it yourself, or are looking in the wrong place. There's no other reason I can think of for it not to exist.

Well how else would you download and install it exactly? I downloaded and installed it to its default folder which is the Program Files (x86) which is normal for a 64 bit OS on Windows 8.1 or any other OS out there.   I 've done nothing to it Veritas, I have looked everywhere in the installion directory.

Serris

Quote from: Lucas Picard on October 28, 2014, 08:22:26 PM
Quote from: Veritas on October 28, 2014, 02:06:33 PM
Likely, you've incorrectly installed RPGXSE/UE, or you aren't using the version of it that you think you're using. Or, you moved it yourself, or are looking in the wrong place. There's no other reason I can think of for it not to exist.

Well how else would you download and install it exactly? I downloaded and installed it to its default folder which is the Program Files (x86) which is normal for a 64 bit OS on Windows 8.1 or any other OS out there.   I 've done nothing to it Veritas, I have looked everywhere in the installion directory.

The configuration tool wasn't included until Ultimate 1.1.5 and onward, so it's possible you just haven't updated your client.

Serris

Barring any feedback from people who have working clients, this tool is now officially planned for removal in the next update until it can be fixed.

Telex Ferra

Configuration tool that came with RPG-XUE crashes immediately in OSX