News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

RPG-X Problem [CLOSED]

Started by Tim, December 14, 2014, 12:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim

I tried connecting to the spicy server when it was using the enterprise-e-v2 map.  After it had been loading for a few minutes, the loading screen text changed to blocks.  After that the loading screen disappeared and an error message saying that it could not load pak0.pk3 appeared.  It only seems to do this when loading this map.  I was able to load other maps with no problems.  I am running the Ultimate Edition in WINE.
I have attached a screenshot of the loading screen.

Serris

Honestly, I wouldn't be able to pinpoint a cause for this because it isn't running natively on Windows. Does it have this same problem offline?

Telex Ferra

Try using Crossover. It has worked for OS X





Serris

Quote from: Telex Ferra on December 14, 2014, 01:56:05 AM
Try using Crossover. It has worked for OS X

Crossover is just a premium fork of the Wine libraries, which are available for free. It's possible that some tweaking with Wine wrappers would allow RPG-X to run smoothly, but I wouldn't know where to begin.

Martin Thompson

I'm also afraid I can't help you here. I personally have no experience with gaming / WINE on Linux. Perhaps GSI01 or Harry Young will know something about this. You could try posting on the UberGames forums:
http://forums.ubergames.net/


Tim

Quote from: Serris on December 14, 2014, 01:14:41 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't be able to pinpoint a cause for this because it isn't running natively on Windows. Does it have this same problem offline?

It does happen offline and only with the enterprise-e-v2 map.  I will try to install it again and see if it still has the problem.   I have rpg-x installed on another partition and only the root user can mount the partition.  It could be a problem with file permissions since I had to change permissions to write by group.
I will post on UberGames if I can't get it to work.

Telex Ferra

Quote from: Tim on December 14, 2014, 09:22:01 AM
Quote from: Serris on December 14, 2014, 01:14:41 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't be able to pinpoint a cause for this because it isn't running natively on Windows. Does it have this same problem offline?

It does happen offline and only with the enterprise-e-v2 map.  I will try to install it again and see if it still has the problem.   I have rpg-x installed on another partition and only the root user can mount the partition.  It could be a problem with file permissions since I had to change permissions to write by group.
I will post on UberGames if I can't get it to work.

Then it sounds like something is wrong with the map. I would recommend performing a binary search* through the map's files to see if one of the files is causing a problem.

*Remove half the files from the pk3, if the problem persists, then it's in the half you left in. If not, then it's in the half you left out. Split the new troubled half in half, and repeat.