News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Congratulations to our new President, Serris!

Started by Veritas, December 15, 2014, 10:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veritas

Good morning, TLO,

This is the last announcement I'll be writing for this group, so I'm glad it's a happy one.

I am pleased to welcome Serris as our new President, as of today, Monday, December 15th. He will assume his responsibilities immediately.

Jenson asked me to write a short statement for the occasion. In accordance with my usual style, I'll keep it blunt - but in a departure, it will also be (relatively) brief:

I never imagined TLO would become as large as it has. None of us did. I'm immensely proud of it. Four and a half years is a long time, no matter what anybody says, and a lot changes, but the one thing that's never changed for me is a sense of wonder at how TLO has grown beyond the four of us who started it.

True, any group as only as good as the people in it - but that's what makes TLO so special. TLO is a great place and it is great because you, each of you, are here. So, be excellent to each other, guys. Don't fight over the little things. Don't forget let the petty stuff make you forget what this place is really for. Remember that behind every computer screen there's an actual human being with thoughts other than your own.

Remember that Star Trek isn't about politics, transporters, phasers or red alerts. It's about discovery. It's about what lies beyond the horizon and the excitement of pushing towards it. That's what TLO did, and that's what matters. I know it can do it even more.

Thank you all very much for your support - in every way - over the past few years, and congrats once again to Serris. I wish him the best of luck.

Veritas
President of The Last Outpost


Serris

Well, it's certainly been an interesting year.

Ten months ago, I joined The Last Outpost. As one of the few remaining groups maintaining an active interest in RPG-X roleplay, I came in wanting to make a difference and put the game on the map again. I've done everything in my power to contribute, and I'm humbled by the support I received in this election and the awards I've been given by the Cabinet. I appreciate the faith you've put in me, and I'll do my best to meet or exceed your expectations of my performance as your leader.

I won't pretend that everything is going to start off wonderfully. We're in a time of transitioning, and it's probably going to be bumpy. With the departure of Veritas, we're losing a pillar of the community who has almost single-handedly kept this website going and managed our finances for the last four years. We've certainly got a lot to figure out, but I know I can count on The Last Outpost to endure and flourish under tough times.

You're all amazing, and I thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve you in a greater capacity. Going forward, let's work together to make sure TLO is the best community it can be.

Jenson

Congratulations to you Serris on your election!  ^_^ I'm eager to see what the future holds with you at the helm of our fair community.

Thank you again to Veritas for all of your service over the years--especially in the aspects that are always time consuming and never glamorous: namely keeping the servers running and handling finances!


Martin Thompson

Thank you for everything Veritas. You certainly have earned your "retirement" from TLO as you are now moving on to do other things in life. I hope you will be visiting us from time to time to see how things go here. I'll try not to mess the technical side up (too much ;)). You've been great for this community and, together with the other founders, have really made it what it is today.

As for Serris. Good luck with your new presidency. Your confidence in the community will be a great pillar of strength for all of us. I share your hopes of TLO flourishing for times to come and will of course try to assist with that aswell.

Thank you both for all your efforts in the past and those to come, and lets together keep TLO the great star trek community it always has been.


Scott Archer

Veritas... It's sad to see you go!
One final question... What flavour of pie are you?

Election Watch and IA Assistant
Email: scottarcher@earthelite.co.uk

Shoot


E-Mail: shoot@last-outpost.net
Web: www.last-outpost.net
Stay At Home, Be Safe, Save Lives, Wear a Mask