News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

S05E02 - "The Doppelgänger Heist" - 24/01/15

Started by Grizz, January 14, 2015, 02:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizz



Production Code: 5x02
Episode Title: "The Doppelgänger Heist" (Part One of Two)
Writer: Grizz
Air Date: 24th January 2015

The Captain is acting strange - stranger than usual. But she's not the only one. The crew of Pioneer become increasingly suspicious of eachother after a series of unusual encounters and uncharacteristic behavior. The station has been targeted for a high-stakes heist which is set to bring it to it's knees within a matter of hours. Can anybody track down and stop the perpetrator before they escape with the spoils... and what is their underlying reason for travelling to the Accobar System?

Grizz

Unfortunately I won't be available to run the episode today, so I'll have to push it back to next week. Apologies - I will deliver teasers and an introduction as mild compensation during the week.

Martin Thompson

And I just booted up RPG-X. Well, see you next week then. BTW, we missed on that special scene last week, perhaps we can squeeze it in next week?


Grizz

An Introduction to The Doppelgänger Heist

When planning the fifth season, this was the first episode which was conceived. I had a new character which I wanted to introduce but wasn't quite sure how. Ultimately though, I settled on spectacle. The opening scene sets the stage for the rest of the episode. You as members will know who the imposter is (at first), but of course your characters won't - so feel free to have a little bit of fun with that if you can. It's a two-part story, so it does have room to breathe, though the second half is very different and that will become obvious in the final minutes of the episode. It's not exactly a "character piece", even-though it is mostly driven with character interactions. This station visitor has a objective and the rest of the crew are in the way of that, so there are going to be some clashes. I want it to be something of a fun episode, even if the situation turns rather serious... because the second half won't be quite so much fun.




The Doppelgänger Heist - Five Teasers

1) "I'm a woman! I never thought that I would say that quite so sincerely."

2) There's some catching up to do - but now really isn't the time.

3) McClintock has a close encounter of the awkward kind.

4) "I'm a stuck up hard ass, right? Tell me I'm a hard ass. I can take it."

5) The asteroid field doesn't seem a functional location for one of the station's features. Thankfully it's explained, much to the crew's inconvenience.

Grizz