News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

rpx wont start [CLOSED]

Started by dez5000i, December 21, 2015, 04:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dez5000i

hey guys I have the rpgx complete and when I try and start it my computer just says its stopped working before it even has started any ideas???

Klaw

If we could get a list of your system specs I'm sure that may be helpful, including your Operating System

Jenson

Moving this into engineering so our technically inclined members can also assist you.


dez5000i

I have windows 7 64bit 4gb ram and I click on the icon on the desktop and it goes to load but before any thing comes up it just says the rpgxef has stopped working

Martin Thompson

That is very strange. With windows 7 64 bit and 4 gb ram, i assume you also have a pretty decent video card and CPU? RPG-X should be playable on even the lower end build-in GPU's.

This is a very hard issue to debug since its a windows error message without much more information. Stupid question maybe: have you tried deleting all game files (C:/Program Files (X86)/The Last Outpost RPG-X Ultimate Edition) and re-installing the game? Perhaps somethign went wrong during the install or the download of the game files.


dez5000i

yea mate tried reinstalling could it be that I had to put on f drive rather than c drive??

Telex Ferra

I have it installed to my OS drive on all my machines, though I'm dubious that could be the issue.

Then again it could be an issue with pathing. If you can, try to drop it on the C:\ drive and see what happens.