News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Star Trek Daedalus 3 Week Hiatus

Started by Klaw, December 13, 2015, 10:58:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we run a Special story?

Yes, On December 26th
2 (40%)
Yes, On January 2nd
3 (60%)
No, Let's wait till the 9th to resume
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: December 27, 2015, 02:19:35 PM

Klaw



In observance of the Holiday Season, Daedalus will go on a 3 week hiatus.

The episode on January 9th will take place roughly 5 months AFTER the episode prior. As such, I wanted to use this as a bit of a news ticker, to give you all an overview of what's been going on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 12, 2154: Daedalus is en route to intercept the Xindi Weapon when she is rendered defenseless and immobile by a saboteur on board. (Star Trek: Daedalus - Episode 4: Under the Cloak of Night)

February 14, 2154: Just a couple short days after Daedalus's fiasco with the treacherous Doctor Sylis, Enterprise successfully destroys the Xindi weapon alone. Daedalus, after having failed in her primary mission, is ordered to return to earth for repairs and a completed refit.

March 1, 2154: Walter Pierce, Vavia P'Trell, Jeremy Scott and Rick Peters are approached by a mysterious benefactor, and offered a deep cover assignment to which they all refused.

April 9, 2154: Daedalus' Engines undergo a total overhaul, boosting their efficiency.

May 17th, 2154: Augments attack a Klingon Cruiser, Sending Enterprise after the rogue humans in the hopes of preventing an incident with the Empire.

May 30th, 2154: The First test flight of NX-02 Columbia is cut short, when a power overload shuts down the engines, and leaves them stranded near Titan.

June 5th, 2154: Rick Peters celebrates his 51st Birthday, and his 33rd year in Military Service

July 4th, 2154
: Admiral Maxwell Forrest is Killed on Vulcan after an explosion at the Earth Embassy. This Action sends Enterprise to Vulcan to investigate.

July 10th, 2154: Star Trek Daedalus - Episode 5: The Chain of Command

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(More to be added soon)

Klaw

#1
I got to writing up some additional backstory to fill in the events during the break, and came to discover that one of these stories would make a pretty nice special episode.

I'll put a poll up, but would anyone be interested in a Boxing day or Jan 2nd Special RP?

Please, feel free to pick up to 2 options.

Martin Thompson

Hey Klaw.

I think doing a special is fun, but it will probably be a low key event. I'm not available myself for the 26th but would be up for some action on the 2nd.

I'll also get to replying to your pm somewhere this week btw! Nice work-out of the backstory. I'd forgotten a few details of Enterprise myself (including all the dates). It's nice to see Deadalus fit in with the canon timeline.


Klaw

Quote from: Martin Thompson on December 20, 2015, 04:55:28 PM
Hey Klaw.

I think doing a special is fun, but it will probably be a low key event. I'm not available myself for the 26th but would be up for some action on the 2nd.

I'll also get to replying to your pm somewhere this week btw! Nice work-out of the backstory. I'd forgotten a few details of Enterprise myself (including all the dates). It's nice to see Deadalus fit in with the canon timeline.

it would be very low key and a strong stand alone rp., we'd each take on a different character for the event, and we'd discover some origins of things to come without implying any knowledge of what's already been. I think it'd be a nice little event for everyone - whether they participate in the serial or not. The working title is "The Dark side of the Moon".

Klaw

After much consideration, I think we'll just stick with the original plan. I may re-work the Dark side of the moon for a later episode.

Klaw

Hiatus is coming to an End - We pick back up This coming Saturday! I hope you are all well rested from the holiday events :)

There will likely be an updated map release sometime this week - so watch for it. And there are a couple of models on the roster that I'll need to add to the modelpack - so watch for an update there too.

I look forward to kicking off again, I think the remainder of the season will be fantastic! We'll uncover some secrets behind "The Organization", We'll make first contact with a familiar adversary, and we'll be responsible for establishing one of the first Starbases...

This, and More is coming up in the next few weeks.

Martin Thompson

Nice to see the rp season is picking up again! See you all on saturday!