News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Main Menu

RPG-X Opening out of sync [RESOLVED]

Started by Paladin, July 24, 2016, 10:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin

Its been a while since I've played RPG-X and hoping to get back into it I reinstalled it, but after opening it I found that it was a very small screen on my desktop.  To try to fix this I changed the resolution, however RPG-X now opens partially off the screen with only part of the screen on the window.  I can't use my mouse or arrow keys to navigate the menu.  I've tried reinstalling, but that does not seem to fix the problem.  Not quite sure what to do at this point.  For reference I've attached a screenshot of RPG-X opening in this manner.

Klaw

Have you been able to enter full screen with alt+enter?

Paladin

Alt+Enter doesn't work, it actually brings up some taskbar management screen.

Klaw

#3
in your hmconfig file (and good luck finding it, it's usually in your rpg-x2 folder... but it could be in appdata aswell..) search for this line:

"seta r_fullscreen"

if it isn't already, set it to 1... and see if that helps bring it successfully to full screen.

Edit: While you're there, check your resolution too - maybe consider lowering it (temporarily) to 1024x768 just as a precaution.

r_customheight
r_customwidth

Paladin

Changing the

r_customheight
r_customwidth

seems to be changing the size of the window but the general problem still remains.

Klaw


Paladin

It was not, but I set it to 1. That did not seem to help.

Telex Ferra

Are you using RPG-XCE, RPG-XUE, or RPG-X on top of an Elite Force install?






Paladin

However I do own Elite Force, might it be help full to install that and in stall rpg-x over it?

Klaw

Did you install RPG-X in the default directory, or did you change options?

on a default install: in C:\Users\*username*\AppData (In one of the three folders, local locallow or roaming) there is an RPG-X folder. This folder typically contains (or atleast it used to) an hmconfig file.

in my history of troubleshooting RPG-XCE and UE, I found that the game would ignore the hmconfig file located in the game directory and overwrite it with this one in Appdata.

My thought is this could be the issue (Or an issue)based on how none of your changes in hmconfig changed anything.

To solve this for myself, I wrote a little batch script that I use to open RPG-X, which deletes this rogue hmconfig file (that goes back to defaults every time I open RPG-X) then starts the game using the hmconfig file in the game directory.

I'm willing to alter and share this script to see if it helps, I just need to know where RPG-X is installed at so I can update it accordingly (or you can write/update it yourself... it's actually very simple)

Paladin

#11
I located the  Appdata folder and delted the hmconfigs there, works fine now.  Thanks for the help.