News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Tobin, James [Accobar Operation ACMO]

Started by StringTheorist, August 28, 2016, 12:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StringTheorist


     
Pictured: Jamaes Tobin giving a presentation on Klingon Physiology
Biographical Information
Name: James Perry Tobin
Service Number: SKM-159815-JT
Age: 21
Race: ¾ Human, ¼ Vulcan
Birthplace: Luna, Orvadi City (October 10th, 2371)
Parents: Lieutenant Commander Scott Tobin (Deceased at age 79) and Professor Illyanna Tobin
Siblings: Older Sister Jenny Tobin (Deceased at age 21) and Older Brother Oliver Tobin (Deceased at age 18)


Current Assignment
Assignment: Assistant Chief Medical Officer, Pioneer Station
Rank: Lieutenant Junior Grade
 

Starfleet Academy
Starfleet Medical Academy (2386-2390)

Non-Core Courses Passed:

       
  • Xenobiology
  • Speculative Xenocultural Analysis
  • Advanced Surgical Procedures
  • Medical Ethics
  • Federation Politics
  • Superstring Theory 1 and 2
  • Romulan 1 [Language and Cultural Course]
Professor Quote:
  "I'd say James is a special case. He's a certifiable genius, but also really stubborn and stuck in his grief. I think if nothing else, his career will be interesting to watch."
-Professor Wayne, Medical Ethics Instructor, 2389


Physical Health Problems
None Recorded


Psychological Profile
"James Tobin is a very troubled individual. He suffers from some form of developmental neurological disorder such as possibility of high-functioning autism spectrum disorder. However, his academy career was rather prosperous until his family died in a house fire. Since that event he has displayed obsessive social behaviors, and has become incredibly closed-off and aggressive. I would recommend he be placed under careful supervision and not be given a high risk post. [Removed by order of Commodore Forrest as excessively hyperbolic and inaccurate description of James Tobin.]
-Lieutenant Richard Pine
Facility Counselor, Starfleet Academy


Recreational Interests
·         Reading plays (Especially Shakespeare)
·         Studying theoretical physics
·         Playing the violin
·         Philosophical Debate
·         Taxonomy
·         Vulcan Chess


Notes
-All immediate family except for mother were killed in a house fire during a family gathering (2387).
-Recommended for close observation to assess long-term mental stability by Lieutenant Richard Pine (2387).
-Minor physical altercation with another student after accused of falsifying exam scores [allegations later disproven] (2389).
-Graduated as the Class of 2390 valedictorian (2390).


ADDENDUM 159815-JT-01: Tentatively assigned to Pioneer Station by Commodore Forrest over objection of Captain Mason.

ADDENDUM 159815-JT-02: Formal Request by Lt. Commander Pine to change assignment of James Tobin. -DENIED-
[Lt. Commander Pine]: Formally Request that Lieutenant (Jr Grade) Tobin not be assigned to Pioneer Station. I worked with James for five years at the Academy. He isn't ready for the assignment at hand. Pioneer has had more than their fair share of ACMOs require replacement.
[Commodore Forrest]: The role was decided by me personally and he has the credentials he needs to take the post. I know your feelings about him but that is beside the point. Request denied!


ADDENDUM 159815-JT-03: [Notice to subject's current Commanding Officer] [Lieutenant Commander Richard Pine]


Dear Captain Mason,

After extensive conversation with Commodore Forrest, he advised me to place a notice into James' service record if I had a problem. Which I do. I worked with James at the Starfleet Medical Academy for years and know he isn't up for a dangerous assignment yet. I understand Forrest overruled your decision on the post, and urge you to consider his actions carefully, for the good of all involved. I don't want to see the kid get hurt, but he just isn't ready for the job.

Regards,
Lieutenant Commander Richard Pine
Facility Counselor, Starfleet Medical Academy

StringTheorist

Updated with details of transfer to Pioneer Station.  :)