News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Alpha Testers

Started by Callum603, September 01, 2017, 07:38:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callum603

I thought I had already posted something like this up, but apparently not.

During the development of the new TLO site I will require a handful of members who are willing to test the site and features for me.

If you wish to do this, please reply here, you will get given access to the development site (once one becomes available) and your sole job will be to break and find bugs with the new features I add in.

I'm limiting this to 5 testers.

You will also get the chance to directly shape the new site as I will be using your feedback to help build the site.

Confirmed Alpha Testers:

  • 1. StringTheorist
  • 2. CoS. Tuvok
  • 3. Jack Telford
  • 4. Tanglepaw12
  • 5. Kingorgg




Web: http://last-outpost.net
E-Mail: technical@last-outpost.net

Earth's Elite Ambassador

Scott Archer


Election Watch and IA Assistant
Email: scottarcher@earthelite.co.uk

Shoot


E-Mail: shoot@last-outpost.net
Web: www.last-outpost.net
Stay At Home, Be Safe, Save Lives, Wear a Mask

StringTheorist


Callum603

Once there is something to look at I will get you three setup with access.


Now that I'm on my laptop with a proper keyboard.  I just wanted to add quickly, I'm not trying to develop the site out of site from the membership, everyone outside of the alpha testers will get frequent updates, it's just that the site will be highly unstable and will be a full debug mode if you like, I don't want to broadcast error messages, if any (let's be honest, there will be), to the general public in case the contain something they shouldn't.


There will be an 'open beta', if you like, for the final stage of testing, which will allow everyone to use the site and request changes etc there, but for the main bulk of developing, it will be kept behind a username and password.




Web: http://last-outpost.net
E-Mail: technical@last-outpost.net

Earth's Elite Ambassador

CoS Tuvok


Chris Wilkinson

I'd like to throw my hat in Callum :)


Martin Thompson

If you still need help id be available. Also, if you want someone to bounce off some coding ideas i could help aswell.


Jack Telford


Tanglepaw12


Callum603

I've done it on a first come first served basis, however, Scott, Shoot, & Chris, as you're on the cabinet and will have access anyway, I'm actually not going to add you three to the alpha testers team. So String, Tuvok, Jack, & Tanglepaw. Welcome to the alpha testers team.


Martin, I've got some ideas for the site, I think I've decided how I want to do it (code wise).  I will open a discussion in a few days with yourself and Klaw (this is when it wasn't Klaw who offered his help the other day).  I'm hoping to handle the basic framework myself, if we do end up doing what it is that I'm wanting to do, that shouldn't take too long, but then designing and creating the actual pages, that's where I'm hoping to get help.  But I will discuss it properly with you both later.


Cabinet (I'm lazy so you'll have a communal username/password), alpha testers, you'll get your access codes later on this evening (hopefully).




Web: http://last-outpost.net
E-Mail: technical@last-outpost.net

Earth's Elite Ambassador

Kingorgg

If you have another slot available, I would like to help out.

Callum603

I do indeed, that's our last slot filled for alpha testers.


Welcome to the alpha testers team.  Lots of code errors and bugs to come I'm sure :P




Web: http://last-outpost.net
E-Mail: technical@last-outpost.net

Earth's Elite Ambassador