News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Archibald

#1
Star Trek: Resolute / Re: Crew Roster/Applications
November 24, 2014, 01:03:31 PM
NAME (IC): Michael Lee
DESIRED POSITION: CoS
PLAYER MODEL: Jaworski
CAN YOU MAKE THE TIME (3:00pm EST, Friday)?: 8pm(GMT) Friday is fine by me
COMMENTS: Sounds like fun
#2
Star Trek: Discovery / Re: Discovery: The Timeslots
November 23, 2014, 02:25:53 PM
Late Friday (GMT) and generally most of Saturday (Providing it isn't something improbable for me to attend like 4am GMT)
#3
Episode Archive / Re: Discovery: An Introduction
November 23, 2014, 05:27:07 AM
I am also interested but it does depend on day and time for  me.
#4
Ask the Infosphere / Re: Several Map-making questions?
November 23, 2014, 05:23:38 AM
Personally I use EF radiant so I can't say if it's the same.

As with entities they are just really 'interactive' objects in a way eg. consoles turbolifts etc. (though my knowledge is limited on the matter and forcefields and spawned chars also count as entities and I don't consider them awfully interactive).

As for tutorials JF media has a very rough tutorial on youtube and griffin endurance has a really good tutorial for making maps better (i.e. you need to already know how to map). I don't know much about any downloadable tutorials you can get online though.
Are you out of your depth? That purely depends on how much time you are willing to dedicate towards the map. For a really good map it can take a while, in  griffin endurance's video I mentioned earlier he took an hour or two just constructing the platform area for the chair and maybe the console area too but I don't know.
However as a beginner myself I believe it is best to start small so I'd recommend a shuttley map to familiarise yourself with everything before you begin a bigger project.
#5
Quote from: Mutatio Nomen on November 16, 2014, 06:46:49 AM
I've always felt like I wasn't in on the inside jokes! :P
Nano-virus

But either way I agree
#6
Crew Lounge / Re: 2014-15 Roll Call
November 10, 2014, 03:42:23 PM
Quote from: Archibald on September 21, 2013, 04:36:35 PM
Comments:I would indeed like to try this srp business
And I still do

Count me in
#7
Crew Lounge / Re: 'Pantheon of Accobar' Discussion Thread
November 03, 2014, 01:22:24 PM
Great episode, I was absent for 2 previous ones so I had a bit of catching up to do in terms of the situation I started in but I managed to follow it regardless

There was plenty of dramatic suspense and a nice burst of action, indeed some elements could be improved, it wasn't perfect but it was still great and anything I would say has already been said, it made a good season finale anyway and I do very much look forward to the future of AF and am excited for more episodes!
#8
I will make this episode though my "activity" may be limited as I am quite busy but this being the finale I feel I can't afford to miss it.
#9
Crew Lounge / Re: 'The Siege' Discussion Thread
October 13, 2014, 04:00:17 PM
I found the episode, or at least all of it excluding my absence around the middle, to be of high quality as, from my viewpoint at least, the episode managed to feature every department in equally important and action-packed roles that I had the pleasure of experiencing first hand as I bounced from engineering to security and then ending up in the sickbay, where to finish off Rogan and...........a fellow crew member disappeared.
#10
I think one problem I would and will encounter is that the timeslot isn't exactly perfect for me considering its proximity to doctor who and since the days of Tom Baker and Chris Eccleston (I watched both at first) my Saturdays have revolved around Stuff - >Doctor Who -> More stuff -> Sleep      and I'm afraid nothing will get me off the TV when the title sequence starts. So you know, a heads up.

#11
Season 3 Archive / Re: Season 4 Roll Call
August 18, 2014, 07:32:32 AM
Ah goodness I'm late again! Sorry if there's any room I'll do my best to attend this season. Had a big problem with my email accounts so I've not been able to be on for a while. Again I'm very sorry for my absences I blame myself and will do what I can to attend this season.
#12
Crew Lounge / Re: The Journey Continues
May 29, 2014, 06:57:45 PM
If there is any opportunity to reprise my role in the engineering department I would gladly take it.
#13
Café Pierce Bar and Grill / Re: Count to 10,000
February 27, 2014, 01:18:29 PM
2963 posts have been made in this thread
#14
Season 2 / Re: S02E05: Disconnection (22-02-'14)
February 22, 2014, 01:32:31 PM
Very sorry that I can not be there for this one.
#15
Task Force Theta - Episode 3: "Chain of Command"

Having escaped the traitorous Admiral Ward the crew of the USS Atlantis now are heading back to federation space to report the shocking events that occurred in Klingon space including the Admiral's strange link with the Tal Shiar and the strange devices that they beamed aboard. When they reach federation space however, when they try to answer the questions that were raised by the Admiral's actions, will they find the answers that they are looking for? Like why does he want the crew to go to Qo'nos? Why did he decide to let the crew escape? And how far does his control extend?. Will they end up coming across even more questions that need answering? One thing is for sure though, they won't leave federation space thinking of Admiral Ward's actions in the way they were before and Starfleet headquarters isn't going to be the safe haven they thought it was.



Required files:
STRP Headquarters 2: http://www.iwantstudios.com/