News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Engineer Sam

#1
Quote from: Telex Ferra on August 18, 2015, 11:56:15 AM
Other servers may be running different versions of rpgx. We only guarantee the ability to connect to our servers. Since we are the only really active English speaking group, you should be fine with us.
Ok.
#2
Name: Sam Dean
Model:Nelson2
Race: Hologram


1. Assistant Chief Engineer
2. Engineer
3. Transporter Chief
4. Medic
5. Counselor
#3
Quote from: Telex Ferra on August 16, 2015, 07:38:28 PM
Quote from: Engineer Sam on August 16, 2015, 06:06:05 PM
Quote from: Telex Ferra on August 16, 2015, 12:33:23 PM
Quote from: Engineer Sam on August 16, 2015, 12:22:24 PM
Quote from: Telex Ferra on August 16, 2015, 12:28:56 AM
o_o that's an odd one. Are you sure you installed RPG-XUE?

Could you go to the game's main menu, take a look at the bottom right of the screen and tell me what the version number is? It should be right under the "player settings" and "player model" buttons.
Oh my god! Ok, I have both editions, (Standard and Ultimate.) I was using the Standard one. But, the problem is still there. here is my message, sorry about the mix up.


ERROR: Client/Server game mismatch: RPG-X vRPG-X V 2.3.4b/RPG-X vRPG-X V 2.3 BETA 2


My current version is 2.3.4B

Are you trying to connect to either of The Last Outpost's servers?
Yes. I have tried both. The Poseidon-B map ran like a charm. But when loading up the rpg_voy4 map, it kept crashing.

Connect to the TLO server and change the map to rpg_voy4. Then do what you did before to get the error for us. The error from before can't be ruight since, if you had a client/server mismatch, you wouldn't be able to connect in the first place.
I went onto Teriyaki and switched it to rpg_voy4. I loaded up fine. I am starting to think that the issue isn't with the server, but with my lack of knowledge for RPG-X. Nevertheless, I saw no error code, but I still can't join any other rig_voy4 dedicated map.
#4
Quote from: Telex Ferra on August 16, 2015, 12:33:23 PM
Quote from: Engineer Sam on August 16, 2015, 12:22:24 PM
Quote from: Telex Ferra on August 16, 2015, 12:28:56 AM
o_o that's an odd one. Are you sure you installed RPG-XUE?

Could you go to the game's main menu, take a look at the bottom right of the screen and tell me what the version number is? It should be right under the "player settings" and "player model" buttons.
Oh my god! Ok, I have both editions, (Standard and Ultimate.) I was using the Standard one. But, the problem is still there. here is my message, sorry about the mix up.


ERROR: Client/Server game mismatch: RPG-X vRPG-X V 2.3.4b/RPG-X vRPG-X V 2.3 BETA 2


My current version is 2.3.4B

Are you trying to connect to either of The Last Outpost's servers?
Yes. I have tried both. The Poseidon-B map ran like a charm. But when loading up the rpg_voy4 map, it kept crashing.
#5
Quote from: Telex Ferra on August 16, 2015, 12:28:56 AM
o_o that's an odd one. Are you sure you installed RPG-XUE?

Could you go to the game's main menu, take a look at the bottom right of the screen and tell me what the version number is? It should be right under the "player settings" and "player model" buttons.
Oh my god! Ok, I have both editions, (Standard and Ultimate.) I was using the Standard one. But, the problem is still there. here is my message, sorry about the mix up.


ERROR: Client/Server game mismatch: RPG-X vRPG-X V 2.3.4b/RPG-X vRPG-X V 2.3 BETA 2


My current version is 2.3.4B
#6
Quote from: Telex Ferra on August 15, 2015, 06:58:50 PM
WARNINGS are usually issues that the game can move forward with. Try connecting to our server and change the map to rpg_voy4 if you need to. If you get thrown back to the main menu, immediately open the console and find your error as directed in that sticky. It should be between two rows of asterisks; you really can't miss it.
Ok, here is what I got, thanks for being so kind while I rely on you to help! It says:

ERROR: Client/Server game mismatch: RPG-X vRPG-X V 2.3.4b/RPG-X vRPG-X V 2.3 BETA 2
#7
Ok, after reading the link you sent to me, this was the error code in yellow.
WARNING: Bad shader file scripts/voy_eng.shader had incorrect syntax.
I hope this is what you need to diagnose my problem? :)
#8
Quote from: Telex Ferra on August 14, 2015, 09:41:37 PM
Hi Sam,

Please read this sticky from the top of the engineering forum to figure out how to get us an error. Once you find that, we can go from there.  ;)
Oh sorry! I didn't see that! Thanks. I will read that and report back to you!
#9
Me and my friend are trying to play on a rpg_voy4 map. but all the maps under Search for Server always send me back to the Main Menu before I connect, almost like they crash. There is no error code or anything. But when I connect to a server with the Poseidon map, it loads up just fine. (I am using RPG-X Ultimate and he is using Standard. We both downloaded it from here: http://www.last-outpost.net/filesdb/?file=70


Also, if there is any way for us to make a server ourselves, please tell us. If it is complex, don't worry about it. All we want to do is play rpg_voy4.

Please help!
#10
Quote from: Telex Ferra on August 13, 2015, 07:14:32 PM
Quote from: Engineer Sam on August 13, 2015, 03:28:49 PM
I am having some trouble, and I am not sure if this is normal or not. I originally downloaded the Standard edition of RPG-X, figuring I wouldn't need the ultimate. After about 20 minutes of playing it, I realized that I did, in fact, need the Ultimate edition for me to completely enjoy RPG-X. I uninstalled the Standard edition, and downloaded the Ultimate edition. From the start, I had trouble (I downloaded it on a Windows 7 Computer, through Google Chrome.) It fully downloaded, and it said that there was no program to be able to open it with. I was stuck there. I found the RPG-X Standard Launcher, and opened it through that, not knowing what I was doing. When it opened, I thought I would be all set. not needing anything else. I found put that, in fact, the 6 hour download I just went through was pointless. All I got was the Standard edition of RPG-X, nothing different, no new maps or mods, exactly the same. I was bummed, and I have been trying to fix the problem through the internet, or the forums, but never found an answer. Cam someone help me with my problem? Thanks!

Looks like you just opened the SE install again.

The RPG-X UE download is significantly larger than RPG-XSE and so it's compressed in a .7z (7-zip) archive. You can download 7zip (or winRAR) free of charge online to open the RPG-XUE download.




Thank you so much! I got it!
#11
Star Trek: Klingon / Re: Crew Roster and Applications
August 13, 2015, 08:03:11 PM
Character Name: B'Toth[/font][/size]
3 Most desired Positions: CSO, MED, SCI
Model Name: Klingon
Race:Klingon
Can you make the Day and Time? Yes
Any Comments: My school does start August 31, I will let you know if I do need a day off as homework or activities may be an issue :).
#12
I am having some trouble, and I am not sure if this is normal or not. I originally downloaded the Standard edition of RPG-X, figuring I wouldn't need the ultimate. After about 20 minutes of playing it, I realized that I did, in fact, need the Ultimate edition for me to completely enjoy RPG-X. I uninstalled the Standard edition, and downloaded the Ultimate edition. From the start, I had trouble (I downloaded it on a Windows 7 Computer, through Google Chrome.) It fully downloaded, and it said that there was no program to be able to open it with. I was stuck there. I found the RPG-X Standard Launcher, and opened it through that, not knowing what I was doing. When it opened, I thought I would be all set. not needing anything else. I found put that, in fact, the 6 hour download I just went through was pointless. All I got was the Standard edition of RPG-X, nothing different, no new maps or mods, exactly the same. I was bummed, and I have been trying to fix the problem through the internet, or the forums, but never found an answer. Cam someone help me with my problem? Thanks!