News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Jack Telford

#1
RPG-X / RPG-X for Mac
June 10, 2019, 02:32:54 PM
Hey everyone,
It's been a while and I hope you are all doing well. I've had some free time recently so I thought I would see if I could get RPG-X running on my Mac. I managed to get a Wine Bottler app setup and running and I figured I'd post it here if anyone else here is running Mac.  This has been largely untested except on my own machine running on Mojave so I can't guarantee that it will work but let me know if you have any questions or problems.
Download: https://mega.nz/#!gKxxzSQZ!HwU57FczBJBWcWEaI5_edVkbShYhmtQaLqgbHfZVMG0
Note: I recommend you use Google Chrome for the download as it is fully supported by MEGA.
Instructions:
1 Download the file from the link above and extract the zip file. I recommend moving the app into your applications folder.
2. Run the app for the first time, it may take a few minutes as it is setting up for the first time. Once it runs and takes you to the RPG-X main menu, if you notice your graphics are messed up this is normal. Quit the app and run it again.
3. Once you are at the main menu and it is displaying normally, you can go through and adjust your graphics settings and other options like normal! Your all setup.
4. If you need to adjust any of your config files or need to add any maps or files to your BaseEF/RPG-X2 you can find the installation location at: /Users/(usernamehere)/Library/Application Support/ and look for a directory called com.jacktelford.rpgx_(random numbers) . Once inside that directory it will be located inside drive_c/Program Files/ Star Trek RPG-X Ultimate edition.

I hope this helps, thanks!
#2
A listen server - basically I'm just using the /map (map name) to launch the server
#3
Klaw - I will try setting my in_mouse to 1 because I had to manually set it to -1 as when it was set to 1 it caused an issue with my RPG-X if I alt-tabbed out and then back into it.
UPDATE: Doesn't seem that the in-mouse setting effects it, also I believe it is only when someone is hit
Callum- Just local server I believe though I have not tried it on yours.
#4
Hey everyone,
I recently updated to the new RPG-X version and am having an issue where the server crashes when someone is hit by phaser fire. If y'all have any ideas to fix it please let me know.
Thanks!
#5
No, it's not just you. It seems that the update has caused the issue and even when I did get it working again I was having resolution issues and alt-tab issues just like Callum. For now I rolled back my computer to the older version.
#6
Announcements / Re: Fall Fest: October 22nd - 31st 2017
October 16, 2017, 06:15:33 PM
Thanks Klaw! I'm on Fall break this week, so i should be able to make it to some of the weekend events if I remember, just not sure about next weeks.
#7
Website Development (2.0) / Re: Alpha Testers
September 01, 2017, 03:34:30 PM
I'd be up for it.
#8
Ok, assuming I ever recreate my STO account and get it working, how far along through all the tutorials and stuff would I have to get before I could RP with TLO?
#9
Quote from: Telex Ferra on August 20, 2017, 03:50:24 PM
Quote from: SFC3 on August 08, 2017, 02:54:23 PM
Wasn't it made by some guy named Rich Evans?

Yes that's right. IIRC he's banned from TLO. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong)
I believe he is retired not banned.
#10
Creative Corner / Re: Time for an update of such
August 20, 2017, 10:34:38 AM
I just wanna say I played the USS Nimitiz before and I absolutely love this! Is this version of it still gonna have the awesome red alert stuff on the bridge?
#11
Introduce Yourself! / Re: Hi. Im sort of new
August 19, 2017, 11:10:16 PM
Welcome to TLO!!
#12
Introduce Yourself! / Re: Im new to this place
August 18, 2017, 09:19:14 PM
Welcome to TLO!!
#13
Congrats Klaw!!
#14
Introduce Yourself! / Re: The Boy Next-Starship
August 16, 2017, 09:17:07 PM
Welcome to TLO!! Hope to see ya around.
#15
Introduce Yourself! / Re: The New Guy
August 13, 2017, 05:08:58 PM
Welcome to TLO!! Hope to see you around.