News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - spillwaybrain

#1
Archived SRPs / Re: Star Trek Discovery side-plot
January 16, 2018, 09:32:45 PM

Cool. It's on my list. Day job has me working late tonight but I'll start cracking later this week. :)


This also reminds me that I made models of all the Discovery deltas for 3D printing and only ever printed one... Something else to add to the list. :p
#2
Archived SRPs / Re: Star Trek Discovery side-plot
January 14, 2018, 04:15:48 PM
I'd be happy to take a crack at making some Disco uniforms if this is something people are interested in.


Although it has been, like, a decade and a half since I was regularly doing texture stuff for EF, so I'm a little fuzzy on where some of the assets are in the game data.


Are custom uniforms a difficult thing to integrate into RPG-X? Or is it much like dropping a custom .pk3 into OG Elite Force?
#3
Introduce Yourself! / Re: Another new guy, checking in!
January 14, 2018, 01:15:48 PM
Thanks Serris![/size]


I guess I have two main questions, since I'm trying to get up to speed.


First - the Poseidon map, which seems to be a default of sorts - is that like a hub? Like, a standing map for drop-in RP when there isn't a SRP happening? Or is the playerbase not big enough for that to be a thing?


Second - if I did want to contribute to the development of some of the maps and stuff, who would I talk to about that?
#4
Introduce Yourself! / Another new guy, checking in!
January 14, 2018, 11:09:08 AM
Hey everyone! Found this place when I heard about Holomatch through the grapevine. I'd heard about RPG-X and, I think, TLO back in the day. I spent some time doing texture work for mods for EF and EF2 circa 2002-2004 and always liked the idea of building stories collaboratively.


I don't know how much time I can devote to ongoing RPs (between being a parent and having a bunch of ongoing projects of my own), but if there are some core maps or things that the community plays on I'd love to help develop them. Is there a general ongoing storyline or anything, or is it all smaller stories?


Cheers!