News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - RetroActiveGM

#1
Quote from: Callum603 on August 08, 2021, 01:44:30 PM
Quote from: RetroActiveGM on August 07, 2021, 09:22:14 PMHey guys, I was wondering if a fix/patch was ever worked out for this bug? I downloaded RPG-X earlier today to play with friends and whenever we shot each other, the server crashed.

Sadly it wasn't.  The best work around is to run two clients, set one up as a dedicated server and use the other one to play from, the issue is the server host being shot, with the server host not being a playable character it removes that issue.

If you need any help setting up a client as a dedicated server, just drop me a message and I will help you out.

I don't think it's an issue specific to the server host being shot. Myself and a group of friends tested out the bug on both client hosted and dedicated client hosted, and whenever any of us was killed (not simply shot/damaged) by a phaser, the server would crash. Respawn and death by collison/being sucked into space worked fine, so it's something to do with the death the phaser causes.

Here's an excerpt from my server log which shows the point at which the crash occurs:

Kill: 0 1 10: William T. Riker killed Sherlock by MOD_PHASER
Lua: Lua module [scripts/lua/RPG_Voy4/rpg_voy4.lua] unloaded.
********************
ERROR: Q_strncpyz: NULL src. dest was
********************
----- Server Shutdown (Server crashed: Q_strncpyz: NULL src. dest was ) -----
Sending heartbeat to master.stef1.ravensoft.com:27953
Sending heartbeat to master.stef1.ravensoft.com:27953
==== ShutdownGame ====
AAS shutdown.
forcefully unloading qagame vm
---------------------------
RE_Shutdown( 0 )
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
----- R_Init -----

I should also note that we tested this on a different map, the Enterprise-E, and the same thing happened so it's not map-specific.
#2
Hey guys, I was wondering if a fix/patch was ever worked out for this bug? I downloaded RPG-X earlier today to play with friends and whenever we shot each other, the server crashed.