News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - GSIO01

#1
I upgraded my desktop with an EVGA GeForce 760GTX Superclocked 2GB end of last year. Also I added a 256GB SSD and switched from 8 to 16 GB RAM. I decided to make an clean install with the new SSD so I'm now dual booting with Windows 8.1 Pro N and Chakra Linux.

And I just baught a MacBook Pro 15.4" with an i7 2.5 GHz, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB RAM, and GeForce GT 750M 2GB.
#2
What a coincidence just the same day I finally get my upgrade to VDSL. Looking forward to both of them :).
#3
Resolved Support Requests / Re: Pinging out and wiped
September 03, 2014, 03:17:36 AM
When your GPU doesn't have OpenGL support EF normally won't even launch. That is a simple fact. There is one exception if you are using windows 8 or 8.1 there is a bad direct3d to OpenGL wrapper in the default driver. I can't imagine that you use either though from your specs.
Check if the rate cvar is set to a value that makes sense (should be at least 25000).
You could also try pinging the server from the command line (ping -t <IP>) to check the ping and see if any packets are lost. That is a good start so see if there is a connection issue.
#4
I'll be there. It's a bit late for me but who cares it is
#5
I wouldn't recommend EFRadiant for compiling. It uses a very outdated compiler.
I suggest you install any suitable version of GTKRadiant or NetRadiant for compiling as these use q3map2 as compiler. Make sure all paths are set up correctly.
Also make sure the file baseEF/scripts/shaderlist.txt is present. In addition extracting the scripts folders from pak0.pk3 and pak3.pk3 into the baseEF folder might help (note: pk3 format = zip file format).
If his does not solve your problems please post the compiler output here .
#6
signal 11 is SIGSEGV which stand for segmantation fault and is an memory access error.

To be able to help I need to know the exact version of RPG-X used. What is the version information displayed in the main menu?
#7
Ah well here are mine:

Desktop
AMD FX-6100
16 GB RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 Superclocked 2GB
256 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD
Duak-Boot: Windows 8.1 Professional N 64bit and Chakra Linux

Secondary Desktop
Pentium 4 3 Ghz
2 GB RAM
ATI Radeon X800 256MB
Chakra Linux

Notebook
MacBook Pro 15,4'' 11,3
i7 2.5 GHz
16 GB RAM
GeForce GT750M 2GB VRAM
Dual-Boot: Mac OS X Yosemite and Windows 8.1 Professional N 64Bit

Misc
iPhone 5S 16GB
Raspberry Pi Model B
#8
I modified dpmaster a long time ago to work with EF:
https://github.com/GSIO01/efmaster
#9
So it comes down to what is different between those versions of the map to narrow down the cause of the problems.
#10
Actually you can't allocate more then 1024mb to it as far as I remember, you can set the cvar to more but the game will always only allocate 1024mb as maximum.

As for the issues you describe I must take some time and think about it. I can't tell you if a newer rpgxEF version will solve this it would require testing.
#11
To new or to old assets/pakfiles for the version of RPG-X used.
#12
It's definately that bug I mentioned. As Telex mentioned it only seems to happen on glitched EF installs so I suggest go hunting for the glitched file.
#13
Depending on your version of RPG-X the emote menu might be buged. In the current code base this bug has been fixed for some time now.
#14
Resolved Support Requests / Re: GTKRadiant
July 02, 2013, 02:32:17 PM
First development release including EF support is here: http://gtkradiant.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/GtkRadiant-1.6.4-20130630.zip
EF support related changes are:
- Added STVEF support and game pack
- Fixed a bug where the sp_entities.def would be loaded instead of hm_entities.def in HoloMatch mapping mode

This does not include the rpgxEF support as seen in my own build.
#15
Resolved Support Requests / Re: GTKRadiant
June 30, 2013, 03:19:08 PM
Forgot to adjust the file access rights. Sorry.

Oh ... and my code changes have been merged into the official GtkRadiant repository and my 1.6 gamepack was added to the gamepack svn server. So the next release of GtkRadiant 1.6 will have EF support.