News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Quantum Novae

#1
I tried to export rpg-x, but it seems too many people regard roleplaying only like D&D, with EXP, levels and bonuses. I received as criticism that direct speech isn't enough...

However I'd like to know other gameplay tips from Tlo  :)
For example, before playing the episode is there a complete plot with the end already established, or only few hints for all the players? Is the story based on crew roster or the crew roster is compilable only when the main plot is done?
#2
Can I ask you how do you manage the turns to avoid overlapping of dialogues?
#3
Star Trek: Daedalus / Re: Sketches of a possible future
September 16, 2015, 02:46:11 PM
Cool, especially the last one!
#4
The main problem is that I have the application in "C:\Program Files\The Last Outpost RPG-X Ultimate Edition" but the patch installer hasn't "The Last Outpost" before "RPG-X Ultimate Edition" as default path, so it creates a new folder with the new pk3 files, but it's dissociated from the exe.
#5
Serris, I think the patch needs a patch

[spoiler]
And fs_homepath is "C:"[/spoiler]
#6
Yeah glory, come to me!  8)
#7
Announcements / Re: September Promotions and Awards
September 02, 2015, 02:56:44 AM
Wow, I'm a Chief :O
Well congrats to all!
#8
Yes, I added some quotes few minutes ago but this bug come again @_@

Hope the next patch will fix this secular problem  O:-)
#9
When was it released? I already see an fs_homepath parameter in my desktop shortcut
#10
Hi, I'm Kevin!

I noticed that in this version of RPG-X the hmconfig.cfg file isn't in %appdata% anymore.

That's the strange thing. I installed XUE on Windows 7 (I use the italian version of the Microsoft OS) and the path of hmconfig is "C:\Program\RPG-X2". Normally, programs are installed in "C:\Program files", but the system displays it as "C:\Programmi". However if I digit "C:\Program files" the system bounces me in "C:\Programmi" folder.

I also installed XUE in a windows X P partition (E:). In the italian version of Windows X P if i digit "E:\Program files" it gives me error because the only path that is recognized is "E:\Programmi". This time, the path of hmconfig.cfg is "E:\Programmi\The"

I also bought a VPS to run my RPG-X server, and the path is "C:\Program"

It seems there is something that does not work with X P... :|
#11
RPG-X Archive / Re: Personal revision of RPG-XUE
March 05, 2015, 11:31:19 AM
Thanks a lot, it was my last error report xD
#12
RPG-X Archive / Re: Personal revision of RPG-XUE
March 05, 2015, 06:08:33 AM
Hi Martin! Yes, I noted that USS Dauntless don't need to be fixed, however the list I wrote was about all maps that have that function.

Oh, and now I know you are the author of Dauntless... When I try to spawn some characters around a deck, after some copies the spawned characters become invisible (but I get blocked by the presence of the clone when I try to walk). I tried this on another maps, like Poseidon B and there it works.
#13
RPG-X Archive / Re: Personal revision of RPG-XUE
March 04, 2015, 03:16:11 PM
Mmm... I don't remember the source, so I give you my own pk3.

Here erp_defiant and erp_defiant_bd: http://www.mediafire.com/download/17m6yeueyv8c2kl/Erp_Defiant.pk3

In addition: Rpo_defiant-maps: rpo_defiant and uss_hyperion http://www.mediafire.com/download/bhda5z0ac40qbpy/rpo_defiant-maps.pk3

EDIT: Never mind xD
#14
RPG-X Archive / Re: Personal revision of RPG-XUE
March 04, 2015, 02:35:01 PM
Sure!
#15
RPG-X Archive / Personal revision of RPG-XUE
March 04, 2015, 02:01:42 PM
(SFMBE)

Hello everybody! I'm Quantum Novae, but you can call me Kevin (although it is not my real name).
Even if I don't participate in the community, I play RPG-X for years with very few people. My dream is to create a community of RPG-X for my country, because it seems that here no one knows the existence of this game and all Star Trek rpgs are done with emails, sites and chats...

However, I like this community and I often follow its content (Tlo_retirement is the prettiest map ever) so I want to give my contribution to you, because I think it's much more useful to you than to me.
So, days after days I finally complete the external full revision of XUE. :)

Notes:
A) The revision starts with a genuine installation of Star Trek RPG-X Ultimate Edition 2014-11-20
B) After that, I added some pk3 files which I consider valid for roleplaying (Here the list http://pastebin.com/y8yr7i0j )
C) I know that files in RPG-X2 directory overwrite some settings in BaseEF, so for the next version of XUE I think it's good to put maps in BaseEF and models, retextures, music packs, etc in RPG-X2. Moreover, some of these files are used only in some roleplaying, so you could save some Mb by putting these pk3 only if needed.
D) All fixes keep the original pk3 unchanged, so there is no violation of the licenses.
E) I suggest to avoid minor patch because in my opinion I think that the utility of an all-in-one installer is to simplify the life of the users. I saw XUE, XSE, patch, patch J, and many many many version numbers. In my view an installer is sufficient, whether there will be an update, the main setup can be easily replaced.

Fixed errors: Kevin_fixes.pk3 on RPG-X2 directory http://www.mediafire.com/download/bsdh054h68c2asj/Kevin_fixes.pk3

1) Max loadable pk3: about 200
Causes: There's this limit because the map "Starbase 45" have textures that don't reach some prerequisites (height and width in power of 2), and when you try to open sb45b7 or other maps (e.g. rpg_academyv1) with more than 200-210 pk3 it results in a z_malloc error.
Solutions: Few textures of Starbase 45 have been resized. Some of these textures were about 2000x2000 or more so I have reduce them to 1024 or 512. However, the visual effect is almost imperceptible.

2) Missing textures on Starbase 45
Causes: Mushrooms object, textures of wall plate in brigs, pylons and core in the fusion reactor deck are missed.
Solution: Using dichotomous search I found the missing textures in some non-RPG maps.

3) Dragon Class
Causes: If you put dragon Class map in BaseEF, several other maps end in a "Not a JPEG file" error.
Solution: Since the maps limit problem was removed, I add DragonClass-0.3B as extra map. As written on FileFront "This map causes a corrupt JPG error on several other maps". Cause was simple: the coder had BMP images and he renamed the textures from bmp to jpg without conversion, but changing file extension.
These maps now work:  http://pastebin.com/e4MvXiMJ

4) Original game doesn't allow a distant vision
Causes: Few maps have the capacity to create a visual link from two places, for example between bridge and main engineering, but the player must be in a short range to be able to see the other place. These maps are:
Cassini_beta3
Rpg_relativity
Uss_dauntless_1-2
Scav-pro-malon
V2-poseidon-a
Uss_poseidon-a
ncv-senmerv
ctf_ancient_bajor

Solution: This trick uses a portal, but the shader of common/portal has AlphaGen portal 256. I increase the value to 2048. Here some examples. http://imgur.com/a/sO0C8#0

5) Doorbells on Cassini_beta3
Causes: Missing textures
Solution: I was unable to find the right texture, so I replace them with a general doorbell.

6) White walls on Rpg_modas (Station Modas II) and USS Rapier
Causes: In hmconfig.cfg, the variable r_overBrightBits is 1
Solution: In the future, next version of XUE must have on its autoexec.cfg  r_overBrightBits "0"

7) Rpo_defiant and strp_defiant: doorbells and doors
Causes: With a genuine installation of XUE doorbells in rpo_defiant and strp_defiant (and doors in strp_defiant) are missed.
Solutions: A- (doors) Replace in the next version of XUE rpo_defiant.pk3 with rpo_defiant-maps.pk3. This new pk3 also contains the uss_hyperion map, probably the best Defiant class map in RPG-X.
B- (doorbells) The missing texture is included in Kevin_fixes.pk3

8 ) Missing circuits in Type 9 and Type 18
Causes: The textures is identical to that found in the original game (Biopak2) but the directory wasn't the right one.
Solution: The texture with the right folder is included in Kevin_fixes.pk3

9) Camera error on Rpg_Daedalus
Causes: The presence of Voyager influences the shaders of Daedalus
Solutions: Instead of removing the map Voyager, I add a shader in Kevin_fixes.pk3. Both maps work perfectly.

10) Hm_vync missing texture
Causes: Missing texture
Solution: Right texture found in an holomatch map.

So... Here ends the full revision of XUE. Despite all my efforts I failed to find a curved texture in Washington-C map in shuttlebay and there are some errors that I cannot remove. For example, I receive Signal 11 error when I try to go on 2nd flood on rpg_command, and I crash when I use the tricorder in messhall on Station Vanderbilt (fault of the radar).

I hope you enjoyed it!  ;)