News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Treyvan

#1
Thanks so much, (yeah im still here lol) Got em downloaded and I'll be throwing em up later much appreciated!
#2
I've been trying to setup a dedicated RPG-X server for development and test purposes, on a machine running CentOS 6.8.  Every repository I try compiles to 2.3 CB 4 or 2.1 which will not allow the current TLO RPGX client to connect to it.

I was wondering who I should ask for direction in this.  I'm capable of compiling the source myself but I'd like to know where I can get the current source or which compile/make options I should be using to actually get a compiled binary that will work with the current client.

I thank anyone in advance for any help on this subject.

-- Jeff
#3
Introduce Yourself! / Re: I'm new yet I feel so old.
February 01, 2018, 04:12:16 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Really my interest in unreal was simple. I wanted to create a star trek rp environment starting perhaps with a smaller ship that had some systems logic for people to play with (and things for engineers to fix lol) there are projects out there recreating ships but they are only single player at this time and I thought it would be nice to be able to have a game that was like RPGX except with a bigger game word.
#4
Introduce Yourself! / I'm new yet I feel so old.
January 31, 2018, 04:45:49 PM
Hey everyone,

My name is Jeff. And I am new to TLO, but not new to EF or RPGX.

I first played Elite Force shortly after it came out in, goodness was it 2000? And not long after that I found the MP side of things.  My first RP experience ever was back in the old ERP days, on what had to be the old Federation Mod, then the first RPG mod.

Hell I can remember when RPGX first came out, and how long it took for it to come out, but when it did it was amazing. Especially with the new launch maps (which im sure is in the ultimate edition installer provided here lol)

I can not fully express the memories from those days enough.  And while I was not a 'major player' in the EF community back then I knew who was what, and the servers to hit if you wanted some good role play.

You can look at my forum registration date and see it's been quite 'some time' since I registered and this being my first forum post, needless to say I've been keeping tabs LOL

I've been a Star Trek fan, since TNG aired when I was young. I've played almost every Star Trek game that came out because its what I grew up with, and I've been Roleplaying in some form or fashioned since the old startrek.com #holosuite 'simulation/rp irc chatroom' from the late 90s (till paramount digital entertainment pulled the plug on it in 2000) and really I just miss it lol.

I work full time, and I'm trying to teach myself some C and the unreal engine as a hobby because I hope one day to create a base game for the 21st century that may end up playing like RPGX if I can get my act together, because my imagination and ideas demands it.

Anyway I talk too much. I'm gonna try to get active here and see where it leads me. Sorry it took so long for me to get around to doing this, and I hope I haven't missed out too badly on community activity.