News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - JSpaced10

#1
Thank you @SFC3, it's good to be back.
#2
*steps up and sits down in the chair. Behind a broad desk sits the TLO staff.*
Ahem. Um, hi. So uh... yes... this is a reapplication, really. Last time we uh, *runs a hand nervously through his hair* I've been here before, as you know and I just want to say, TLO have been the best, like so accommodating and friendly. I walked away. I needed time and space and well... now I'm level 60 I guess I need a Fleet."
*holds up a hand to stop anyone from replying*
"Before you say anything, it's not about the gear; it was never about the gear. It's you. All of you. I miss you. Honestly."
*long awkward pause* "so if uh, if you'll take me back... we'll, there's my contact."
*gets up, puts a card on the desk* "Cheers"
Syos@jaycarra (if you'll have me)
;)
#3
I would personally like to see a Klingon faction RP, as well as Federation.
Federation faction RP: I really like "below decks" RPs with day to Day crew interaction too.
#4
@Grizz Is THAT what he was doing? Ooh, I did wonder.
I really like the show. It's very Trek and very new at the same time and I loved the climactic bridge battle.
There's a couple of theories about Tyler, including for and against those theories, so I'm looking forward to finding out what his deal is.

[spoiler]I did NOT need to know what Klingon boobies look like. And now I do. I think I'll survive, but this is again, not a Trek I can share with my kids.[/spoiler]
#5
Creative Corner / Re: Klaw's Mapping Class
October 24, 2017, 09:42:38 AM
Getting caught up on your videos, they're well put together, nice and logical. I cut my teeth on UnrealEd, so Radiant is VERY different.
Will you be doing any advance tutorials? I'm really keen to learn the trick for "comms windows". There's a map (forget which one) where you can call down to the engineering office (I think) and see the other character in real time. Is that something you can put on your list to cover?
Another question, which affects my planning: can you change/ modify skyboxes? If I want to simulate a map moving from one sector of space to another, is that possible? Can you have two skyboxes, if you want a combined ship/ planetside map?

Thanks again.
#6
Creative Corner / Re: Klaw's Mapping Class
October 06, 2017, 07:10:27 AM
HI Klaw,
Just wanted to say: I'm really enthusiastic about this class, BUT I will probably not be able to make the live stream.
I'm going to review your videos, enjoy your Bob Ross impression and work along but behind you.

Thank you for doing this.

"If you like, put a happy little Klingon in there..."
#7
Quote from: Scott Archer on October 04, 2017, 12:27:46 PM

Burnham was different this week, I feel like she's learnt her lesson and come back to her Starfleet values (which came across in her conversation with Lorca.)


I disagree that she's "coming back to Starfleet values". She was always upholding Starfleet and the Federation's values, by trying to stop a conflict before it started.
Starfleet's language was not acceptable to these Klingons, in the same way that the Federation doesn't generally have a "friendly" headbutt in a bar. But if a Starfleet officer walked into a Klingon bar asked for a Babysham and started chatting about his kids' little league tournament, it would go badly. If the same officer walked in, downed a bloodwine and punched the biggest warrior he could find in the face, he would end the night with a blackeye, arm in arm with the Klingons singing songs.

Unfortunately Georgiou was hand-tied by Starfleet protocol and actually kind of prejudiced that the traditional way of peace was "the best way". Had Burnham been thirty seconds faster and fired the opening shot herself, the whole situation *may* have been different. She wasn't betraying Starfleet, so much as trying to implement its principles in a roundabout way.

I don't believe (until the final phaser shot on T'Kuvma's ship) she allowed her past with the Klingons to inform her decision.

When she nerve-pinched Georgiou, Burnham knew that no matter how her plan worked out, she would face court martial and be sentenced for assaulting a senior officer. Like Lorca though, she sees further than protocols and chain of command.

I liked her attitude in episode 3, accepting the weight of 8,000 lives lost, accepting the truth when people called her mutineer. But they were two separate issues.
People blame her for the war, but erroneously link her mutiny to it, rather than her failure to kidnap T'Kuvma. I'm not 100% convinced kidnapping T'Kuvma would have helped the situation, but it might have been some leverage. Had her mutiny succeeded, she may well have been sentenced to prison, but lauded as a hero for opening diplomatic relations with the Klingons.
#8
I am intrigued by Gabriel Lorca. I feel like if Kirk is analogous to Roger Moore's Bond, then Lorca is Daniel Craig's Bond. He seems intent on becoming a monster in the name of protecting people, saving lives. I love that he is a resource collector and user of those resources (i.e. people)
The science-y bit might be accurate to current thinking, but boy was it hard to swallow!
Saru is fun, and it would be easy to make him one dimensional, but he's this tense performance, caught between fight and flight in his conversations, like his fear is driving him (similar to Burnham and Lorca actually, just coming at the same thing from different angles).
I thought episode 3's "plot" was a bit by the numbers, but it was there to introduce the ship and the concept of their mission.
Also Stamets: Yes, we know you don't like her. Yes she did a bad thing. You being leader of pointing out she did a bad thing just makes you a jackass.
#9
Thank you to everyone in the Fleet for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to spending more time back in the ST RP universe.
You guys are the best, genuinely.  :D
#10
Creative Corner / Re: Start Here: RPG-X Modding
October 12, 2015, 07:24:21 AM
Quote from: Martin Thompson on October 12, 2015, 02:58:36 AM
This is not possible in EF. The standard model animations are all we get. We can't add new one due to the software for the animation not being existant anymore (it was made with some very very old bit of software if i recall).

Wow, I think, I might declare RPG-X modelling to be a bit of a lost cause then... (For what I have in mind anyway) Think I'll try to teach myself Unreal Engine...
#11
Creative Corner / Re: Start Here: RPG-X Modding
October 11, 2015, 11:23:01 AM
Quote from: Serris on October 10, 2015, 02:51:15 PM
I'll get to creating a tutorial for making new player skins based off of existing models. I should have it done in a couple of weeks.

This too is exciting!
#12
Creative Corner / Re: Start Here: RPG-X Modding
October 11, 2015, 10:58:40 AM
What would be a good place to find tutorials for modelling new player models?
Specifically how to map the moving parts: head, torso etc. to the mouse movements?
Also: is it possible to map a model part to respond to the mouse but only on one axis? As in, it doesn't matter where you move the mouse, the head only moves left and right?

Oh and what's an acceptable player model polygon count for rpg-x?

Cheers, J
#13
Creative Corner / Re: Start Here: RPG-X Modding
October 09, 2015, 02:17:51 PM
Hey Martin,
Did you get any further on these tutorials?
Also, can Blender be used to create new models?
J
#14
Just a quick note to say that all these tips and contributions really helped. Thank you, I appreciate the effort you guys took.
Elite Force is 15! Wow, I am so old. It's great that you guys keep the flag flying and it's still potentially a really fun game.
Thanks for everything.
J
#15
Thanks guys, I will give that a try and report back.
On a side note, I noticed (only because I have two screens), that RPG-X seems to ramp up the contrast/ gamma on the display anyway, turning it back down again when it shutsdown. (I noticed that icons were bright and glowy). Is this normal behaviour?

Cheers,
J