News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Jake Conhale

#1
I've installed the TLO RPGX2 addon pack, as instructed in the downloads link, and can see the rank pips on my collar when I create a devmap instance.

However, when I join the TLO server, I can't see the pips. Not a missing texture, they simply aren't there, an unblemished collar.

Any ideas? Outside of making a list of everything in my Baseef folder, I'm not sure how else to try to diagnose this.
#2
Ask the Infosphere / RPG-X starbase map
January 07, 2013, 09:07:15 PM
Good day,

I am a long time RPer and was a beta tester for the first version of RPG-X. I remember they were testing various maps at the time, Poseidon, Runabout, but there was another one I remember, it was a starbase map of sorts - it had a brig and a shuttlebay and meeting areas.

I almost think it was customized to the major groups out there, such as ERP.

I remember certain features such as a power-failure mode, where the brig forcefields would fail (but a security door would fall as a fail-safe) and that if you were in the shuttlebay you'd be ejected out into space.

Does anyone else remember anything about this map or if it still exists anywhere? I tried asking TiM about it, as he was on the dev team, but he hasn't gotten back to me.
#3
I have been attempting to log onto the server (the original RPG-X server you fellows run) and keep running into the same issue - it crashes back to the main menu.

Specifically, when I try to connect to the server (which is described as having rpg_poseidon as the current map), the server starts to load, then says it's attempting to download the zzzzrpg_normandy_v2 map, then crashes to the main menu. The console says it's trying to get the uix86.dll file.

I tried downloading the map from the last-outpost.net downloads directory, but all i get there is a 404.

I was able to connect last month, I simply cannot connect now and why on earth it requires me to have a map that is not currently what it's set to is beyond me.

please help