News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Why won't my maps work?

Started by Paenitet, August 09, 2011, 11:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paenitet

Well I have always passed this off but now I want to know. I have downloaded every sigle map there is. Yet only about a quarter of them I can actually play and show up and work and stuff. Why is this? I want to be able to play on all or atleast most maps. :(

Klaw

#1
Do you have Ioef or Iocow installed? or are you Using RPGX-CE?

Paenitet

#2
RPG-XCE

Veritas

#3
If by "show up," you mean on the "create server" list, MOST maps don't show up there. The best way to load a map locally (without connecting to the server) is to open the console with ~, and type "/dir map" - that will give you a list - then type "/map [mapname]" to load the map you want to try.

Even then, not all maps work this way. You may have to load it on server in order to play it.

Taisen-74656

#4
Do you have an example of a map you've downloaded the files for, but can't play?

Paenitet

#5
Well serenity-b is one. So is the delta flyer. So is the..... well there's lot's. And you are correct Veritas. By "Show Up!" I do mean on the create server list. I'll probably give your idea a go.

Veritas

#6
Yeah. The maps are all there, ioCow/RPG-X/EF doesn't know how to list 'em. But they will show up in /dir maps

Paenitet

#7
Yes I done it. :) However it appears there wasn't enough room to show them all. But it dosn't matter really now I think. :) I have now learnt that just because a map dosn't "show up" dosn't mean it's not on there. :)