News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Requisitions

Started by Klaw, December 19, 2013, 12:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaw

A number of you, namely Senior officers, will be getting your own quarters in the new map. With that said, if there's anything special you'd like me to try and dig up for your room (or small section of your room - for you Jr. Officers): Pictures, items, anything - please post here ASAP.

Thanks guys

(and as always, links for pictures are appreciated)

Edit: To give you an idea about how big the rooms are...below are some samples. - They're just Tiny little rooms :P

CO's Quarters:


Officer's Quarters:


The Rack (Junior Officer's Barracks): (No, textures aren't done in here.... the room WON'T be *all* green (may not be green at all :P)

RadioActivitii

If it's possible I'd like several things in my room that normally wouldn't be included:

- Science Displays displaying stuff like, sensors and stuff from the science lab.
- A Copy of the Poseidon-B Alert Panel (Red, Blue, Yellow etc) that would be just a decoration, perhaps if possible it could change the rooms color? (Not sure if that's possible, if not: I'd still like the panel included as a decoration! It's also occurred to me that I don't know if the Poseidon existed before BI takes place.)
- Many rooms have a computer in them, could I be able to lock my door from that?
- A general theme I'd like to have is quite messy, like tipped over furniture such as chairs, maybe a desk with a computer of it bashed into the corner? :P
- If replicators are normally in each quarters, could mine be replaced with a hole in the wall?

I'm not sure how possible this is but I'm sure I could live with some cutbacks from this list if need be, but I'm sure a talented mapper like you could do most of this.

Klaw

The messy and the hole in the wall I can do quite easilly :P

Door locks will hopefully come standard (if I can get the entity to work right :P)

The Poseidon B panel is doable, though - since BI is set in another universe, with very little to no knowledge of Earth or the federation (beyond what Peirce tells them) I'm not quite sure how it would fit in - however... I'll do it just for poops and giggles as an easter egg :P

And the science Displays - also easy - working on it all now :P

John Adams

I would like a basketball in my room. Also a cluttered desk with padds/papers near my computer. The basketball on the desk please.'

Something like this http://www.elsaelsa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/basketball.jpg

RadioActivitii

Quote from: Klaw on December 19, 2013, 02:59:33 PM
The messy and the hole in the wall I can do quite easilly :P

Door locks will hopefully come standard (if I can get the entity to work right :P)

The Poseidon B panel is doable, though - since BI is set in another universe, with very little to no knowledge of Earth or the federation (beyond what Peirce tells them) I'm not quite sure how it would fit in - however... I'll do it just for poops and giggles as an easter egg :P

And the science Displays - also easy - working on it all now :P

That sounds amazing. Could I have screenies when it's done? :D

Klaw

Quote from: John Adams on December 19, 2013, 04:40:05 PM
I would like a basketball in my room. Also a cluttered desk with padds/papers near my computer. The basketball on the desk please.'

Something like this http://www.elsaelsa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/basketball.jpg

I can, for sure, do a rugby/football... but I can't guarantee a basketball

I'll still try though

Martin Thompson

I'm going to send you a little something something which you can plug straight into the map, meet me on msn tomorrow.


Minutias

Quote from: Klaw on December 19, 2013, 12:46:16 PM
The Rack (Junior Officer's Barracks): (No, textures aren't done in here.... the room WON'T be *all* green (may not be green at all :P)

Or you could keep it that color to symbolize how green Peirce thinks the junior officers are?

Ba dum tish. :lol:

Andromeda

Make mine look... regal. You know what the Valkyr are like :P

Klaw

okie dokie,

If anyone out there wants anything special in their quarters/special color scheme/whatever - please make sure to let me know by January 1.

I'm thinking that I should have a beta together by Monday evening, and then... MAYBE.... have a beta Testing Party/RP on it. (more on that in another thread :P)

However, the beta won't be the final, and the final version WILL be completed for our first episode on January 5th! (I'm sooooo excited :) )

John Adams


Klaw

One last bump - for anyone who may have some requests for their quarters - Now is the time to put those in :)

Martin Thompson

Did you see a place for that thing I send you as i didnt notice it in the beta?


Klaw

I haven't determined a spot, yet - but I think it may end finding a home