News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Position Tags - A New Use for the Word Filter

Started by Telex Ferra, July 15, 2014, 08:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telex Ferra

In order to cut down on outdated information in threads about holders of important jobs in TLO, Veritas and I have implemented a new tag system to make it easier to keep our threads up to date. For example, I've been going through a lot of old threads in the RPG-X forum that still named Klaw or Martin Thompson as the RPG-X XO. Instead of having to go to all of these threads and update the names manually, all we need to do is type a code for that position, and then change the word that code filters to.



For example, the code for RPG-X CO is -RPG-X_CO- (enclose with brackets to make it work) so if I type

Send your SRP ideas to -RPG-X_CO- and -RPG-X_XO- .

It will display as

Send your SRP ideas to Scott Archer and Klaw

Here is the full list of codes. Remember to surround them with square brackets [ ] to make them work.

-President- = Serris
-RPG-X_CO- = Scott Archer
-RPG-X_XO- = Klaw
-MC_CO- = [-MC_CO-]
-MC_XO- = [-MC_XO-]
-STO_CO- = SFC3
-STO_XO- = Dendo Hellen
-M&M_HEAD- = [-M&M_HEAD-]
-EVENTS_HEAD- = [-EVENTS_HEAD-]
-IA_HEAD- = Criminula
-ACADEMY_DEAN- = [-ACADEMY_DEAN-]

Any post you make with these tags will change retroactively when new people take office. Make sure you use these when referring to the OFFICE rather than the specific person.





Minutias

Okay, this is super cool. Like really cool. And also very useful. :lol:

But I did find a bug. It seems to also reveal passwords. Like when I type -Password-of_Telex-Ferra- it comes up as Hunter2???

RadioActivitii

I strangely want to try that Minutias, but I know that you're lying.

[spoiler]You know what. I'm gonna do it. You peaked my interest, so I'm just gonna do it. [-Password-of_Telex-Ferra-] See! It did nothing! My interest was peaked for nothing </3[/spoiler]

In all seriousness though, I bet you could hide some easter eggs in this.

SFC3

That SFC3 guy sure is weird.
(that was a test of one of the tags, carry on)

RadioActivitii

So, if the STO XO is changed, you won't be weird anymore? :P

Telex Ferra

Quote from: Minutias on July 15, 2014, 09:30:15 PM
Okay, this is super cool. Like really cool. And also very useful. :lol:

But I did find a bug. It seems to also reveal passwords. Like when I type -Password-of_Telex-Ferra- it comes up as Hunter2???

*************

Dude....it worked! You try it!