News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

SRP Update: Happy Belated Milestone

Started by Grizz, April 05, 2015, 05:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizz

Hello everyone,

Yes, this is the real April update. Though I thought it was quite fitting that there was a fake one for April Fools, for it somewhat falls in line with a running theme of the fifth season so far. Things that aren't what they appear to be... false realities... deception, trickery and fakery. Let us recap:

I, Rogan: Were events occurring part of the simulation or happening to Pioneer itself?
The Doppelganger Heist: An intruder posing as various members of the crew through Telosian technology
Power Struggle: The larceny was just an attention-grabbing tactic.
Hocus Pocus, Hokem: The caves were an elaborate trick to attract visitors to an orbiting station.
God Only Knows: The crew's reality was proven to be nothing more than a holographic simulation.
Personal Responsibility: This wasn't included, but you could count the Romulan shuttle that Henry Etis was flying as a brief bit of trickery.
Federation Day: The crew's families were actually masking a Romulan incursion.
Family Day: The information Taval was seeking was not at all what he believed it to be.

Bits and pieces from all of these episodes will be coming together to form the Dark Star reveal in a few weeks time, so I hope that you have been paying attention so far!




Yes! If you hadn't already seen in the Crew Lounge, Asteroid Field surpassed its 50th episode with 'Hocus Pocus, Hokem.' Unfortunately I didn't know at the time - but I do now, so, hooray! Still, Season 5 will be returning next week with episode 55, so there's still that. One hundred and ten hours of Star Trek: Asteroid Field, eh. That isn't too bad. For a consecutive run of a series, we're approaching as far as I've ever been. The original incarnation of Asteroid Base ended abruptly with it's fifth season. The second ended abruptly with it's, well, second. So to be back at this point is both exciting and unnerving.

For those of you who have been with us since Asteroid Base was rebooted at TLO, that's now 81 episodes that you have stuck around for. For me, that's 126 installments of the Accobar System since the whole journey started. No, it's not the most interesting Serial Roleplay we have. Or the most innovative. Or the most well attended. But somehow after 100 hours, 162 hours or 252 hours - your mileage may vary - Accobar still has stories to tell. So thank you for continuing to play the most important role in them.

Mason asked McClintock how much longer we would remain relevant... and perhaps we stopped being relevant long ago... but nevertheless, we press "onwards!"' With the caveat that everything has to end sometime.

Grizz

Mutatio Nomen

QuoteMason asked McClintock how much longer we would remain relevant

Perhaps I'm just oblivious to relevancy. :P

Martin Thompson

That is a lot of time in the Accobar system. Then again, I did spend around 9 seasons on the Dauntless in the past, although a lot of info on that was lost so I don't have the exact episode count anymore but i gather we had around 15 episodes a season on average so that would be a total of about 270 hours. I might be overestimating it a bit but yeah, AB/AF does feel like its hitting the same point in length now with the second half of season 5.

In the minisode Mason did apropriately question McClintock when we would stop being relevant. I think only the members of the SRP can answer that question.

So far so good and I think you can be very proud of the story you've put down here Grizz, I think we can all be very proud at it seeing the RP has had so many contributions from so many great people during the years. And I do hope to see the genuine end of it one day, not because I want it to end, but because a great story deserves a great ending and not a fizzle like it has had a few times in the past.


Grizz