News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Star Trek Daedalus - Episode 4: "Under The Cloak of Night"

Started by Klaw, December 05, 2015, 05:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How Was it?!

1 (BORING)
0 (0%)
2 (Why did I even sign up for this?)
0 (0%)
3 (Needs Work)
0 (0%)
4 (Almost Mediocre)
0 (0%)
5 (Mediocre)
0 (0%)
6 (Better than Mediocre)
0 (0%)
7 (Enjoyable)
1 (33.3%)
8 (Quite Enjoyable)
1 (33.3%)
9 (Fantastic)
0 (0%)
10 (AMAZING)
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: December 19, 2015, 07:26:26 PM

Linked Events

Klaw



Date: February 12th, 2154
Airdate: Saturday, December 12th, 2015 at 13:00 EST (18:00 GMT)

Daedalus is pushing forth full steam ahead, Holding at a steady speed of warp 6.5 en route to the Delphic Expanse.

It would appear for the first time since they launched that Daedalus and her crew are coming into stride with one another. The ship still has a long way to go, but the crew is performing better than expected.

The Mission that launched them is at hand, With a little more than 2 weeks before reaching the Delphic Expanse Daedalus is preparing themselves for battle, and is hopeful that this Xindi crisis  will soon come to an end. However, a startling report from a Vulcan ship near the expanse is changing the parameters of their mission. A subspace disturbance of immense proportions has been detected, and seems to link the expanse with Earth. It is theorized that this is a Subspace Corridor, and it's the method the Xindi are using to reach earth.

Daedalus' New Orders are to find a way to enter this corridor.... and engage any Xindi ships on sight.

However, Somebody On the ship has other plans... And a shadow in the darkness will soon step into the light.

Klaw

I need a volunteer for a very special assignment. - DO NOT POST YOUR INTENTION TO VOLUNTEER HERE - PM Me!

This episode will answer a few questions that have come up since we started:

The Saboteur will be revealed

We'll learn the Significance of "13"

An XO will be selected.

Why do our Uniform Colors differ from Enterprise'?

All of this will be revealed Next Week.

TJFGuitarman

I'm really sorry I haven't been attending lately.
It seems as if as soon as I joined this RPG a wave of busyness stops me playing at the time of the roleplay!!!!
I think I can come next saturday,
So Nigel Bailey should be showing his face soon. I hope.

Klaw

Quote from: TJFGuitarman on December 06, 2015, 02:02:05 PM
I'm really sorry I haven't been attending lately.
It seems as if as soon as I joined this RPG a wave of busyness stops me playing at the time of the roleplay!!!!
I think I can come next saturday,
So Nigel Bailey should be showing his face soon. I hope.

I would be only too happy to have you around :) I hope life slows down so that you can come.


Klaw

This thread is now dedicated to review (I'll get a poll up sometime tonight - need to spend some time with my sister for now)

I'll offer my thoughts when I get the poll up - but please, feel free to let me know YOUR thoughts!

Scott Archer

I'm the helmsman, on a ship with no working engines. Sounds like a pretty boring assignment...


But it wasn't! You did a good job of involving everyone in the plot and what an interesting plot it was!
Looking forward to continuing this in the new year!

Election Watch and IA Assistant
Email: scottarcher@earthelite.co.uk

Shoot

Murders, engines broke, CE being emotional, etc..


I loved that episode, I wanted to improvise on the last bit there and attack on Sulis, which didn't end so well, but yeah, great one!

E-Mail: shoot@last-outpost.net
Web: www.last-outpost.net
Stay At Home, Be Safe, Save Lives, Wear a Mask

Klaw

Poll is up

My thoughts: I do think this was the best episode so far. I created situations that should have kept people busy (though I feel I was lacking with one participant - I'm sorry Lexie)

I was very distracted due to the job of playing 2 characters.... but the whole deal ran smoother than I anticipated, and now that I'm set up - I feel I can do this as needed on a regular basis.

I chose to reject the Night/Day shifts - My original idea was every 20 minutes would signify roughly 12 hours in rp - and that would create a cloak of night for the murderous saboteur to do their deeds. because of our late start I chose to do the episode differently, and I'm pleased with how it turned out.

I think Dr. Sylis will make an interesting Villain for us to face for a while. - and for the record, yes she IS Vulcan and yes, she DID smile!

The Introduction of "The Organization" was a little weird...and that;s mostly because I had nothing more than a rough idea of how to go about it - but I think the point was made.

All in all, I was pleased with the performance of the participants, and I was pleased with the execution of the story. I look forward to the New Year.

Stay tuned for a little overview of the time we're missing between this episode and next episode.