News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Main Menu

Asteria now on TLO Servers

Started by Jenson, March 31, 2016, 08:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenson

Hello everyone,

Just as note, Griffin Endurance has released a new version of Asteria which is compatible with the latest version of RPG-X. In order to make it compatible with the latest version, however, he's had to split the map into two options--one has the damage control functions and the other the shuttle control functions.

Please note this is a VERY advanced map, so you'll need a lot of RAM. Make sure your /com_hunkmegs setting is pretty high

You can download the map here: http://www.griffinendurance.com/asteria/download.htm

Please note that at this time, this map is NOT included in RPGX-UE, so you'll have to place ALL of the .pk3 files in your baseEF/RPG-X2/rpgxEF folders (only have to put them in ONE of those folders)

The main rpg_asteria map with all functions will NOT work on our server, so please call one of the following maps instead:

rpg_asteria_sp (shuttle mode enabled)

rpg_asteria_dmg (damage mode enabled)

I hope you enjoy a truly wonderful map! If you have any issues, please post them in the engineering forum. If you encounter any map bugs, please e-mail Griffin at the e-mail address on his website.

So far the only bug I have personally encountered is a periodic server announcement of "RPG-X FAILED TO LOAD MESSAGE" error--hopefully everyone doesn't find too many more!

Enjoy!


Serris

#1
What an unexpected development. Give me a minute to fix that glitch that causes the error message. It's caused when the server configuration calls for a regularly repeated message, but there isn't one in the file. It's only been a problem since 2.3.

EDIT: Fixed. Also, shuttlepod version is best version.

Jenson



Grizz

This is great news. I was running out of station maps to blow up.

Shoot

@Grizz, woow, you really like to blow things up. :P

E-Mail: shoot@last-outpost.net
Web: www.last-outpost.net
Stay At Home, Be Safe, Save Lives, Wear a Mask

Martin Thompson

Nice, i wasnt expecting this tbh. I'd very much like to see this in on of our SRP's since the map itself is phenomenal.


Jenson

I've heard no fewer than 2 members state "I have an SRP idea for this map..."

DO IT! :D


Martin Thompson

Quote from: Jenson on April 01, 2016, 09:53:27 AM
I've heard no fewer than 2 members state "I have an SRP idea for this map..."

DO IT! :D

Fun Fact: Genesis Station was supposed to use this map