News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

'Haunt of the Ngultor' Discussion Thread

Started by Grizz, October 17, 2016, 02:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizz

A recap seems rather unnecessary this week, given the very healthy turnout - so I don't have to remind you what horrible people Tobin and Riker are.


StringTheorist

#1
Quote from: Grizz on October 17, 2016, 02:14:38 PM
- so I don't have to remind you what horrible people Tobin and Riker are.
No, you don't have to. RIP Ngultor  :'( 

  Anyway, I really felt this to be a strong episode. Everybody was working well together, the tension was real, and the stakes rising. My only regret was that we couldn't reach a diplomatic solution like some people (Rogan) suggested. But Ngultor did seem a bit, unwilling to negotiate. Seeing Costello in command was a great change to have a little variety, working with Jemma was a blast (even though I'm apparently "stubborn"), and I got to have a strong, heart-felt bonding experience with a group of NPC Medics  :)   


  I'm not sure how exactly Dr. Tobin will reconcile what he's done, but it probably won't be very easy. To quote the Hippocratic Oath: "Also I will, according to my ability and judgment, prescribe a regimen for the health of the sick; but I will utterly reject harm and mischief." In plainest terms, a doctor is supposed to do no harm, but I don't think the Ngultor will agree with that assessment. Getting to add in a reference to the oft-forgotten TR-116s was also a fun nod to possibly my favorite Trek series, and is one of the first times I've seen the weapon used in an RP. Overall, I'd say that this episode is kind of haunting in what it called Dr. Tobin and also Riker, and I feel that designing the weapon to kill leaves just as much blood on Tobin's hands as on the actual attacker's.


  The best stories are those that shape the characters, which this episode did very much. Despite being a non-Cabal episode that might seem to be a diversion from the main SRP storyline, this was a profound episode, and it resonated very well with me and no doubt the others as well! Five stars. (Being a terrible person and all not withstanding)  :D

Mutatio Nomen

I feel McClintock is equally culpable, lol!