News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Surok

#1
RPG-X / Re: Setting up VR with RPG-X on Windows
June 23, 2018, 11:36:33 AM
Thank you for the tip!  :)
Finally got my hands on a VR-headset myself so I had to try it. Very cool!  :D*
My VR-headset is a "Windows Mixed Reality by HP" headset and it works fine using VorpX. I just followed Arron's steps above and it worked.
VorpX doesn't officialy support anything other than Oculus Rift and HTC Vive at this time so it was a gamble that paid off for me. :D

TIP: Make sure to set the in-game video and screen resolution options before you launch the game in VR-mode since it won't save your changes if you do them while in VR mode. (I selected 4:3 1280x1024) I also maxed the FOV using VorpX's ingame menu (press DELETE) to reduce "fish-eye".


#2
Announcements / Re: Upcoming Retirement
June 28, 2014, 04:30:19 AM
With the actions and accomplishments you have done here, I have strong faith in you and I wish you good luck with all your future endeavours.
You have built a great community here, and I wish you a pleasant time as a fellow member.

Live long and prosper. =/\=
#3
Yes, LCARS 47 is likely the coolest and most authentic one!

In the Store there's "LCARS Interface": http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/lcars-interface/cf3da302-e3bb-4dc1-a1ab-63cbcbed3662
It lets you use common starship systems like Helm, Tactical, Engineering and Transporter. The best part is probably the transporter console because it lets you do the three-finger transport swipe - now that's a good feeling! :)

It is not super-canon but it provides a fun LCARS experience because you can actually interact and "play" with it.
#4
Quote from: Martin Thompson on December 26, 2013, 12:29:56 PM
I see many of us are boasting an i7 920 ATM. I still have mine clocked at the default 2.66 but might try my hand at OC when i get my new Haswell one as they tend to be pretty overclock able as compared to this one. Of course, it's a hit or miss on the die you get.

Nice to see that many Nehalem brothers and sisters out there! I too have an i7 920 @ 2.66, and to this day I can't believe how much bang for the buck I got.  :D
Here's my stuff:

Desktop PC
Acer 23" Touchscreen
Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.66 GHz
OCZ 12GB @1600MHz Triple Channel RAM
ASUS P6T-SE
Sapphire Radeon HD 6950
2x500GB HDD's in RAID 0
XFX 750W PSU
Neon tubes (!)

Microsoft Surface Pro
Intel Core i5 3317U @ 1.7GHz
4GB @ 1600MHz RAM
128GB SSD

BTW, Touchscreen+Windows 8+LCARS Interface == pure awesomeness.  :D*
#5
Thanks for the reply!  :) I actually got that "clone-myself"-spawn working. I was thinking more in lines of spawning a different character at a different place performing a different emote.
I don't know if it even is possible, but I'd very much like it to be...

Console output when "a clone" is spawned:
#6
I'm currently trying to get better acquainted with the RPGX-console and find out more about it's "hidden" powers.

Using the "/spawnChar" command, is it possible to specify where the new character will be spawned?
Also, is it possible to specify what character to spawn?
In short, what parameters does the /spawnChar command accept?
#7
Well done! Interesting articles and the magazine itself looks very professional! :)
#8
Yes that command only affects the current instance of the game.

To set it permanently, go to: "MainMenu->Configure->GameOptions and set "Auto Downloading" to "Off".
Or, you can also set this option by modifying "*RPG-X2hmconfig.cfg".
#9
No sweat, it takes a while untill you get the hang of things.  :)
#10
Quote from: "Percy Fawcett"Is this my problem?
Without sidetracking this thread too far, yes I believe so!    :)  
Btw. Whenever you encounter an error like this one, press the key in the top left corner of your keyboard to bring down the console. (Usually ~ or §) Scroll up until you see error message(s).

Here's a link to the map rpg_orion:   ;D
http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/Orion;106967

(The map requires another map called Aurora which also requires other maps to get all the textures...
http://last-outpost.net/old/index.php?a ... ew;down=17 )
#11
Resolved Support Requests / Re: That Darn Chatbox
August 17, 2011, 04:22:12 PM
My experience:

If I use Internet Explorer 9 I have to press the "compatibility view"-button in order to display the shoutbox properly.

In Opera 11 it's working perfect. :D