News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

RPG-X CE Pixelated destkop icon

Started by Martin Thompson, August 26, 2011, 06:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Thompson

I don't know if anyone has noticed this.
I'm on windows 7 and i have my desktop icon size set to "normal". The RPG-X CE Icon (which is a small TLO logo)
is really pixelated around the edges. Now I've found out this is because the actual .ico, the icon image, is a bit
larger then the size of "normal" sized icons. It annoyed me a bit cuz the icon looked ugly.

I took the liberty of creating an icon with correct size. This one doesn't scale up, so if you have set your icon size
to OMFG UBER HUGE (also known als "Large"), the icon wont actually scale
in windows 7 but will stay the same size with a bounding box around it. When you scale it down for when you have "small" icons, it does scale down nicely. Ofc, if you have "normal" sized icons (which is what I assume most ppl have cuz its the default) this icon isn't pixelated.

Now, to change your icon, all you need to do is donwload the file below, put it in your "The Last Outpost RPG-X Complete Edition" folder, right click on your desktop shortcut, press properties, press "Differnt Pictogram..." (or something like that, I dont have an English win 7, its the button in the middle, on the "shortcut" tab) and replace the icon with the tlo_logo_correct.ico .

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?vxyoizzj03lmfdn

Anyway, hopefully some of you share my problem and are helped by this. If I somehow went over someones head with this
(maybe Taisen cuz he made the logo or someone else), pardon me then, feel free to contact me if you dont want
this to be available and I'll take it off.