News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Strange Master Server Problem

Started by Jmusial, October 15, 2011, 09:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nopinky

When I try to connect to the TLO server with rpg-x, it doesn't see any servers (rpg-x OR any others). But when I run regular holomatch, it sees all the servers. Is anyone else having this problem? Or is it just me? My network speed is normal, upload/download speed is good. I'm runing RPGXCE V2.2 Beta. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jenson

#1
I noticed in chatbox you said it was stuck on "Awaiting Challenge"--if you have a firewall, are you certain you're allowing RPG-X to connect to the internet?


nopinky

#2
Quote from: "Jenson"I noticed in chatbox you said it was stuck on "Awaiting Challenge"--if you have a firewall, are you certain you're allowing RPG-X to connect to the internet?
We allow all outgoing connections. The firewall blocks some incoming connections, but it was able to connect before... and regular holomatch works, as stated above.

Andzzy

#3
Barring the Master Server, there IS a manual way to connect to a given server:

Enter RPG-X ==> Online Roleplay ==> Specify Server

For the Serious Server:
Address: 174.140.161.188
Port: 27960

For the Un-Serious Server:
Address: 174.140.161.188
Port: 27961


December. Cheer for everyone!

nopinky

#4
Isn't that weird? I just tried manual connect 1 last time (Before the post above this one was posted) and it worked! If anyone else has this problem, try the things in here and then try manual connect from the console at the main menu.

Jantrix

#5
also, if you see nothing on the Internet 1, change to Internet 3.

This is Kickchats master server I believe, and that has both TLO servers on it

Andzzy

#6
Nancy is correct... the TLO servers do appear on Internet3... so if the Master Server at Internet1 isn't responding, simply switch over to Internet3 and you SHOULD see them... or just connect manually :P. One or the other.


December. Cheer for everyone!